F-4E Kurnass '222' Yom Kippur War Oct. 1973

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bit more progress.....on the engine intakes.

Attachments

• 6_Engine Intakes_1068.JPG
    6_Engine Intakes_1068.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 6_Engine Intakes_1071.JPG
    6_Engine Intakes_1071.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 7_Engine Intakes_1075.JPG
    7_Engine Intakes_1075.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 82
Looks GREAT, looking forward to following this one. I haven't used any PE in me return to the hobby. I plan on having my first go on the Tamiya Beaufighter IV. I'll be looking for lots of help when I start that one.

Nice work mate. I'm more than likely teaching Granny to suck eggs, but watch that nose cone when you come to do it. On the Hasegawa Phantoms I've done, it needed a lot of care to eliminate the joint. Don't know why they didn't mould it as a one piece affair.

Thanks fellas....not able to do much today...but did a little bit of prep work on the front cockpit panel....

Removed the top section of the panel as this needs to be on top of the etch, glued the 2 etch sections together and then glued this to the main panel after sanding down the face details, have placed the cutoff section on the panel to show the final position....will finish it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 8_Cockpit Front Panel_1095.JPG
    8_Cockpit Front Panel_1095.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 9_Cockpit Front Panel_1099.JPG
    9_Cockpit Front Panel_1099.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 71
  • 10_Cockpit Front Panel_1114.JPG
    10_Cockpit Front Panel_1114.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Very nice work Wayne. Don't know if this pic is any use to you; it's a 'J' panel, but basically the same. Also a couple of shots of the seat, which is the same MB seat as your model. The lack of a full harness is correct; the crew wore a combined torso harness, which attached to the Koch fateners, seen near the top of the seat back-rest squab.

Attachments

• C Fest 017.jpg
    C Fest 017.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 112
  • C Fest 016.jpg
    C Fest 016.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 102
  • C Fest 018.jpg
    C Fest 018.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 120
Thanks Terry. seems the panel is very similar, with a few very small differences, won't be adding everything...the IAF cockpit is packed to the sh!thouse with stuff, don't have the time to fit it all out..!

want to get the fuselage together ASAP.!

Ok spent half the day on the cockpit....got the front panel and bits'n'pieces all in place and then the fun started...even though I tried real hard to keep the panel compact to fit, the etch was just a bit larger than the plastic panel....so then the careful filing and sanding and fitting process was repeated a number of times until it finally fitted correctly between the fuselage halves, haven't glued it in place yet as the side walls are rather blank looking and don't look right...need something extra...

anyway here is the cockpit tub.... so far.

Attachments

• 11_Cockpit Front Panel_1124.JPG
    11_Cockpit Front Panel_1124.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 12_Cockpit Front Panel_1126.JPG
    12_Cockpit Front Panel_1126.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 13_Front Cockpit Panel_1128.JPG
    13_Front Cockpit Panel_1128.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 14_Cockpit Panel Rear_1129.JPG
    14_Cockpit Panel Rear_1129.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 93
That looks brill mate. Don't know about the IAF, but other Phantoms had a light grey, quilted padding on the cockpit walls. I should have some pics somewhere. On the starboard rear cockpit wall, theis padding was angled inwards from the top, where it covered a panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back