Forum members meet up in UK (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Most of you will know that Vic and his wife Hil are on a World tour from Oz, and are currently in Vic's home-country, England. Yesterday, Karl (Rochie) travelled down from the North East to stay at my place, and we met up with Vic and Hil for lunch in an old coaching house near where I live, and then a short tour of the local area.
Here's the pics ( without my ugly mug in them!). The landscape shots are looking out across the Cheshire plain, to the west coast. In the left background is the Lovell radio telescope at Jodrell Bank, 15 miles away, with a telephoto shot of the main telescope dish, taken from the same spot.
After Vic and Hil departed in the evening, Karl and I rounded-off the night in my local pub, ensuring that the beer and lager was up to standard ........

Attachments

• Vic's visit 001A.jpg
    Vic's visit 001A.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Vic's visit 002A.jpg
    Vic's visit 002A.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Vic's visit 003A.jpg
    Vic's visit 003A.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Vic's visit 004.jpg
    Vic's visit 004.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Vic's visit 005A.jpg
    Vic's visit 005A.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Vic's visit 007A.jpg
    Vic's visit 007A.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Vic's visit 008A.jpg
    Vic's visit 008A.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Vic's visit 009A.jpg
    Vic's visit 009A.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 208
So That's where they been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like some beee ute eefull country side.
I am envious. I want to visit some friends on Wales.

Good to see they are safe and well. I forgot, but I'm pretty sure Vic had said that they were going to be doing some traveling. Glad you guys had a good time and those are some nice shots of the country side Terry.:thumbright:

Great pics. Wish I had some 'pubs' like that around here.

This is giving me an idea. I think I'll start a pic thread of members meeting members. We've had a few and I think it would be cool to show how we are a community and not just annoymous names across a screen.

Yeah, but I don't think we had pics in it. I've gotten a few lately when I revamped the mugshots thread.

Great idea Chris. I've got some pics from when Karl and I visited Roman in the Czech Republic, and some of when I met up with Gary and Tony (Geedee Rocketeer) last year if you need them.

Great stuff guys! Would love to catch up with yas there sometime.

Looks like some beautiful countryside there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back