Forum Updates :: Style changes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
I am in the process of updating the forums, and this currently requires work on creating a new style for the site. I am forced to revert back to default style until I am able to resolve issues with new forum. I apologize for this partial distraction. Please add any thoughts on future style/layout for the forums.(colors, graphics, etc)

Thank God...I thought that my mind was going to hell in a hand basket when I loaded the site and it was similiar, but different...

Of course, stopping by the watering hole for a few hours after work didn't help much :evil4:

Keep up the good work, Horse!

Thought my page marking had gone haywire for a moment and logged me into the wrong place.

Glad I'd not stopped off at the watering hole.......................anyway Horse, got no ideas for you but do like the way this forum stays so casual, reliable and informative which in part I guess is down to guys like you who keep the ball running. So thanks mate.

One irritation I have just experienced. Used to be "current posts" and it would include my own responded to threads. I just was reading a thread, somehow closed the forum, and want to go back to That thread, but it is nowhere in site in "new posts" and I cannot find it..... how do I resolve this? Where do I find it???

Ah gees, I just looked around, had to find it in "search", can we put this link back in the top short cut menu??? As before? Bill

Last edited:
One irritation I have just experienced. Used to be "current posts" and it would include my own responded to threads. I just was reading a thread, somehow closed the forum, and want to go back to That thread, but it is nowhere in site in "new posts" and I cannot find it..... how do I resolve this? Where do I find it???
Simply go to the forum list, select the forum you posted in, and the most recent posts will be at the top

While we're at it, I wish I could change back to this old forum style. I really liked it. :(

oldstyle-1.png

Check out the post count! :lol:

Like Horse said, he had to revert back to the default layout, but it will only be temporary. I think we can manage until an update is delivered.

Looking forward to the changes Horse. Thanks for the effort.

Quick links has top has "today's post" and "who's online"

working to get new style going. I can only do so much, and will create just 2 styles. one that is blue based and the other brown.

One thing that I'd like to ask is, would it be possible to have the forum itself, automatically resize the size of photos posted, as can be seen on some other forums? Not that I mind using Photobucket, but when you upload from your computer, you somtimes don't realise the size of the pic until it's posted and goes...'woooaaahh!' :lol:
Other than that, I'm perfectly happy with whatever you do Horse! :thumbright:
Less work for the 'crew', having to resize them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back