GB 17 what are you thinking (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you looking for info on codes and serials old boy, or decals?
If decals, then Dull Red codes are at Hannant's, and if they still have stock, the 'Tally Ho' serial number decals, in black or Dull Red.
If it's examples of serial numbers and codes info, let me know which unit(s) and I'll see what I can cross reference.

DSCN6486_zpse05c9512.jpg

The Wing and I :D droped in, picked her up, everyone in the hobby shop was glad to see it go to a good home :D its been in the shop for at least 2-3 years being pulled up, down, arranged around.

Upon opening it, it looks like a ZM kit. It has some great details, 2 Jumo Engines, gun bay detail :D!!! and even some frame work :D I think looking at it initially in the un-boxing you could even do a 2 wings off model :D to display the frame near the wing.

Really impressed with this Dragon offering, the canopy is pristine too, no scratches she'll get futured soon enough but I wraped her up in tissue for now so it wont get scratched. Usually when I receive their kits the canopys are scratched to bits.

Very happy with the kit :D

Last edited:
Are you looking for info on codes and serials old boy, or decals?
If decals, then Dull Red codes are at Hannant's, and if they still have stock, the 'Tally Ho' serial number decals, in black or Dull Red.
If it's examples of serial numbers and codes info, let me know which unit(s) and I'll see what I can cross reference.

Looking for the usual '13' old boy... But what decals to use as well are most welcome! Already have an RAAF Catalina for one of my kits, A24-13! MIA in '42! :salute:

DSCN6486_zpse05c9512.jpg

The Wing and I :D droped in, picked her up, everyone in the hobby shop was glad to see it go to a good home :D its been in the shop for at least 2-3 years being pulled up, down, arranged around.

Upon opening it, it looks like a ZM kit. It has some great details, 2 Jumo Engines, gun bay detail :D!!! and even some frame work :D I think looking at it initially in the un-boxing you could even do a 2 wings off model :D to display the frame near the wing.

Really impressed with this Dragon offering, the canopy is pristine too, no scratches she'll get futured soon enough but I wraped her up in tissue for now so it wont get scratched. Usually when I receive their kits the canopys are scratched to bits.

Very happy with the kit :D

A must have kit then! :lol: Always like the Ho-229! 8)

True old boy, was thinking in the s/n...
It's funny though, that I found a good list on their (Coastal Command) B-24's, but not on the Catalinas....

Academy and Minicraft are the same basic kit old boy. Might as well use the parts I'll send you and alter them as required. Saves a few Beer Tokens, what!

Great stuff guys.

*May* enter this yet, but not plastic...
Have an Eduard 'Strip down' Fi 156 Storch in 1:72 (mostly PE), which would be the first kit of it's kind to be seen in the forum yet. Tempting for it's individuality.

Yeeeessssss...!!!

Found this! RAAF P-38 Lightning (PR) Conversion

Now, should fall for the trick and buy the Academy P-38F or use this Minicraft P-38E? I know that F-4's were rebuilt E's, but...you know.. :lol: Which is the better kit and seeing that the conversion is for the Academy 'F...

Decisions....decisions... :lol:

Good find Jan, never thought of Red Roo conversions and decals.

Great stuff guys.

*May* enter this yet, but not plastic...
Have an Eduard 'Strip down' Fi 156 Storch in 1:72 (mostly PE), which would be the first kit of it's kind to be seen in the forum yet. Tempting for it's individuality.

Go on Even, be a devil……………………………..

OK....... We have a winner.

After a (very!) long postal wait from Canada to Australia, my Glencoe Grumman Duck arrived. The box says 1/48, the instructions say 1/52, so I'm not too sure exactly just yet :lol:

It's a J2F-2A, VMS-3 Virgin Islands. The Duck in the Planes of Fame Museum is in the same markings, but that is a J2F-6.

Build will be out of box, in the beginners section. In the pack, it doesn't look like an amazing kit, but the detail is workable.

3_2_b1.jpg

J2F-6-w-brdr.jpg

fleming(1).jpg

Last edited:
OK....... We have a winner.

After a (very!) long postal wait from Canada to Australia, my Glencoe Grumman Duck arrived. The box says 1/48, the instructions say 1/52, so I'm not too sure exactly just yet :lol:

It's a J2F-A, VMS-3 Virgin Islands. The Duck in the Planes of Fame Museum is in the same markings, but that is a J2F-6.

Build will be out of box, in the beginners section. In the pack, it doesn't look like an amazing kit, but the detail is workable.

Always thought this was a doozy of a machine. Will enjoy watching it come together.

Forgot that I had already started the Typhoon to be built as a photo recon so, methinks I will do this instead. Just purchased the Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc off of Ebay so hopefully it won't take that long to get here. An RCAF 414sq. Spitfire Mk.FR IX. The profile shows a fairing(?) around the camera window but photos and drawings I've found don't show one. A quick conversion requiring a hole drilled in the radio hatch and maybe a camera controller in the cockpit if I can find a reference.

Spitfire_Mk_FR_IX_-U_414sdn.jpg

spitfire mk fr ix.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back