GBs 58 thru 65 - Finalized Schedule

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's some wishful thinking for the Pac theatre GB.

Robert Hampton Grey's FG-1D Corsair. A real Canadian hero from British Columbia and Victoria Cross Recipient (Posthumously) while flying with the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm over Japan.

I have always wanted to replicate the Vintage Wings of Canada's FG-1D Corsair that was painted in the markings of his aircraft but also make it a Vintage Wings of Canada Model.
As such, I worked with a guy in the U.S. and a decal maker here in Canada to reproduce the VWOC markings they put on this aircraft such as the plaque just in front of the aircraft number and the Grey Ghost logo on the cowling. Of note the aircraft numbers on the VWOC Corsair are incorrect for a 1841 squadron A/C specifically the number 5. My numbers are correct for a 1841 Corsair. I will be using the Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair kit. Sadly, this a/c crashed some years ago and was recently sold to a U.S. buyer who intends to restore it but will probably put it in U.S. markings which is understandable.

A start to finish build would probably be best for this one due to how slow I tend to work.

IMG_1348x900.jpg
IMG_1349x900.jpg
B33aWPsIcAEN9wz.jpeg

FB_IMG_1591296928434.jpg

Desperately wanting to find that elusive mojo again....

1489152299117.jpg

SBD-3 Dauntless dive bombers from the USS Yorktown air group en route to their objective in the Lae-Salamaua area, at 14,000 feet.

IMG_20230723_150137.jpg

SBDs from either VS-5 or VB-5 returning to the USS Yorktown following the attack on Tulagi, 4th May 1942.

There are options, if I dare to take part....

IMG_20230729_152832.jpg

Plus, again, if I dare taking part....I'd love to do a bird from USS Yorktown CV-5 and her early raids on Gilbert Islands, Mili Island and Makin Island, in this case Mili as 5-B-13 with Ensign Hugh W. Nicholson and RM3c James H. Cales as they participated in that particular raid, on the 1st of February 1942.

There are options, if I dare to take part....

View attachment 731560

Plus, again, if I dare taking part....I'd love to do a bird from USS Yorktown CV-5 and her early raids on Gilbert Islands, Mili Island and Makin Island, in this case Mili as 5-B-13 with Ensign Hugh W. Nicholson and RM3c James H. Cales as they participated in that particular raid, on the 1st of February 1942.
Love to see that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back