H.S. Buccaneer S2B, 12 Sqn., RAF, Lossiemouth, Scotland, 1985, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was a bit Dirk. This kit is from one of the 'good periods' of Airfix, and although I knew it had fit problems, due mainly to the complex shape, I didn't expect this!
I literally grew up with Airfix, as they were 'born' the same year as I was, and, for the time, they were excellent. OK, we knew little else, and today's super-detailed kits weren't even a gleam in a designer's eye back then, but they turned out some nice 1/48th scale kits from the late 1970' to early 80's, which were far advanced for the time. Those mainly 1/72nd scale kits which people complain about today are the same kits I knew as a kid, and that, for the price they're sold at, is wrong; they just can't compare to 'modern' kits, and have given the company a bad name.

happy0034.gif

I take my hat off to you Terry, a marvellous recovery. Well done sport.........

:hotsun: :hotsun:

There should be an award in the GB for successful completion of most fowl kit. You would win it hands down Terry! If you do finish it that is! :lol: You never know, The clear parts could be made out of Super Non-Conducting Ultra-Resin Polymer, or SNCURP for short which is a totally ridiculous sounding word that seems to describe this whole build! :lol:

I like it! Instead of a HS Bucanneer, it's a SNCURP Bucanneer! Better than BNA, or BANA, which was the title when being designed, which led to the name 'Banana Bomber'. The above stood for 'Blackburn Naval Aircraft', or 'Blackburn Advanced Naval Aircraft'.

Thanks Andy!
Karl, when Tornado was being planned, as you know it was called MRCA (Multi Role Combat Aircraft), with just artist's impressions being released in the late 1960's, followed by a mock-up made, I believe, from 'lightweight' materials. A mate's uncle worked at Warton, and told us it had been delayed so long, and with so many stop/starts, the factory called it Mother Riley's Cardboard Aeroplane !!!

That's very true Glenn! BTW, have you noticed there's a new forum member with 'tbolt' (all lowewr case) as his username?!!
He's posted in the Aviation section, asking about Canadian pilots flying RAF P47's.

Maybe I should have thought up a more unique name when I signed up. I know there were a lot of variations of "Thunderbolt" already taken then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back