H.S. Buccaneer S2B, 12 Sqn., RAF, Lossiemouth, Scotland, 1985, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Told you ! Been fiddling with it a bit tonight, and now, the bl**dy cockpit tub has become detached !! This bl**dy alien material the kit is made from just does not want to accept glue, or stay stuck !!!
Where's that effing lump hammer.........

Think you're right Wayne ! But I'll win - either by sheer determination, or by use of that lump hammer !!!
It wouldn't be so bad if the material (whatever it is!) would bl**dy well stick, and stay stuck! Even sanding or scratching the joining surfaces doesn't help! I'll keep at it, as and when patience and nerves allow, but whether it'll be finished by the end of the GB is another matter.....

I wouldn't write it off guys. I've seen some really nice examples built from this kit, and heard that, although there have been problems, they haven't all been as bad as mine. Maybe I just got a 'Monday morning' kit, or something has degraded the plastic over the fifteen years it's been sitting on the shelf.

How about a dab or two of Araldite, serious. May slow the sticking bit down while curing, but I'm sure you have other irons in the fire you can get on fiddling with.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

You're dead right ! One way or the other this model will look reasonable by the time I'm finished!
Vic, I might have to resort to that in some areas, but the b*gg*r at the moment (apart from the mis-aligned parts, poor joints, parts not sticking, and the warping) is getting the bl**dy cockpit tub back in plave and bl**dy STUCK !!!
That has really p*ss*d me off, as I spent quite some time ensuring it was all lined-up properly with the framework inside the fuselage, and now, it's a case of getting it back into position as best as possible, and hoping the effing thing will hold !
I'll have some pics soon - if I don't beat the living s**t out of it!!!!

Here's just the tool you need Terry!

Attachments

• dewalt-nail-gun.jpg
    dewalt-nail-gun.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 100
Don't know what that is Glenn, but it looks like it will do the job nicely ! I had thought of using a 'Kango' hammer, but then I thought perhaps 8 or 10 ounces of PE4 would be more satisfying !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back