H.S. Buccaneer S2B, 12 Sqn., RAF, Lossiemouth, Scotland, 1985, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was in a plumber's merchants shop in Shrewsbury the other day and over heard a conversation between a customer and a salesperson. The jist was that the salesperson was saying that he could get away with low cost heating oil rather than aviation fuel just for the "run up".????

After the customer had left I asked another salesman what that was all about.

"Oh he's got this jet over in Lincolnshire that he "does up"". Was the reply. At which point out comes a small photo album and low and behold there is this Buccaneer. !!

Yes the guy has one that he runs up at weekends. He bought for a "Pound" from a scrap yard just outside Shrewsbury near RAF Shawbury. We had quite a chat about it. There are several jets there and I believe another Buccaneer. His, I think was in a dessert pink if I remember correctly.

Anyway I bought a new flush mechanism for my daughters toilet and left, with a little more useless? knowledge than I had before I went in.

Roger

Great stuff, added it to my Favourites too! I'd seen a couple of sections from that site before, but at the time couldn't access the rest. Some useful stuff in there, although nothing on how to remain sane whislt tackling the Airfix kit!!!

That web-site gave me a bit of a push, so I went back to the Buc. So far, I've managed to re-align and join one side of the inner wing trailing edge. With a bit of luck, I might have the other side done by the end of the GB !!
The sight is not suitable for public viewing, being of an offensive nature! I'll post some pics when there's something worth seeing!

Yeh, and they use a shovel to do it with. Still makes b*gg*er all difference though !!!

Jan, they go to B&Q, and get the little paint sample pots - lots of them! And sand and cement and a trowel! Still doesn't stop them being bl**dy ugly though!!
OK Wayne, just for you, I'll post some horror pics soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back