Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's OK.Most of these hubs were glassy painted with the black. But I would make a focus on one thing. You could airbrush them whole matt black.Then hubs could be painted with a brush and gloss varnish only. Taking this into consideration you would save same time and didn't have to use glass black paint.Am I right?

Last edited:
True but Terry told me the tires themselves were rubber so I am redoing them. I painted the whole thing flat black and then put Future in the center for the glossy color. But now there are two separate colors.

Looking good H, and that instruction sheet brings back memories of the original types of sheet - or slip of paper -- in the old Airfix and Frog kits. Once upon a time all kit instruction were like that, and some confused you with written instructions, such as 'Locate and cement part 132A onto the rear of part 16, then attach to the assembled parts 32 and 33, but do not cement. Then....'

True but Terry told me the tires themselves were rubber so I am redoing them. I painted the whole thing flat black and then put Future in the center for the glossy color. But now there are two separate colors.

You could also use Tamiya Nato Black (XF-69) for the tires. It's a bit more grayish than Flat Black (XF-1) or the Semi-Gloss black (X-18). Then do the wheels in semi-gloss.

Ok every modeler has his downfalls. Mine are tires. They actually don't look bad if you tilt your head to the left and close one eye

While standing on your hands ..... ???

:lol:

And give it a stir. Matt or satin black, touch of white, touch of Dark Earth or similar brown. When dry, a brush over of the tread area with a different shade, to match the ground, and bingo - real looking tyres !

I could buy resin engines for this but since I don't feel like investing 16 dollars (An ENGINE!!!!!) I'm moving ahead to assembling the wings.

Not worth the cost, or the extra work involved, for the engines, which can hardly be seen. A reasonable paint job, with the props in the right place, and it'll be just as good. Can't see the point in paying out for loads of bits and pieces, especially if they're not fully visible, unless it's absolutely neccessary, due to lack of the part(s), and / or they can't be improved from the existing bits or scratch-built.

Tires and the completed cockpit pieces...

Attachments

• P8070544.JPG
    P8070544.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 113
  • P8070545.JPG
    P8070545.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 117
  • P8070546.JPG
    P8070546.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 119
  • P8070547.JPG
    P8070547.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 114
Yeah don't worry, wasn't planning on it since I'm about to spend most of my money on other modeling related things!! I'm pretty sure its one of the most expensive hobbies.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back