I'm saluting the Quarterdeck now, Sirs!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lingo

Airman 1st Class
Jun 13, 2009
Penzance Cornwall UK
Hello from Penzance in Cornwall. I have just joined. My flying days are long gone and I live as a ground-gripper with grand-parenting duties who also has to tend an oversize (5 acres) garden.
I have served with the RAF and the Army Air Corps. My only real links to aviation these days is collecting and studying Flight Manuals / Pilots Notes and roaming the better fora on the internet. I am also a member of Air-Britain. I expect I shall meet some like-minded fellow spirits here. :)

Welcome to this fine forum. Happy posting... and thank you for your service, sir.:salute:

Thank you for the friendly welcome.:) Perhaps the Americans will forgive me for pointing out that in the UK nobody thanked us for our service, as we had joined as volunteers and got paid for doing our duty. Consequently this Brits is a little taken aback by getting thanked by people on the west side of the pond. A charming gesture though, and possibly one we could emulate in these more enlightened times.
Goldsithney is indeed very close to me. I claim to come from Penzance as that was the town of my birth and people have heard of it but in fact I live 'out in the sticks' on the edge of a sub-hamlet called Rosevidney. Purely as a matter of interest, my house is still in the first flush of youth as it was built in 1744. In Penzance I used to live near an inn dating from 1213 where volunteers for the crusades gathered. OK, history lesson over!

I just love what passes for "new" to the British.
Over here on the other side of the pond we would be trying to get it in a museum or historical value status if it's over 50 years old. :lol:

Welcome to the forum from Sunny 8) southern California.

Wheelsup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back