Italeri 1/72 scale JU-52 Minesweeper from Minensuch-Gruppe; France 1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dunno, Wojtek is going to aid me in scratch building something, I don't know what yet :lol:

But soon, very, very, soon.

Great job Dirk, never occurred to me the paint would run on the corrugation, I'll have to bear that in mind when I get round to my Ju 52. Thanks mate
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Great job Dirk, never occurred to me the paint would run on the corrugation, I'll have to bear that in mind when I get round to my Ju 52. Thanks mate
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Also if you don't press the tape down into the corrugation your lines (which in this pattern should be sharp and crisp) could be fuzzy.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

Engingintro.jpg

Next step in the build will be putting together the three BMW 830hp BMW 132T-2 nine cylinder, air cooled, Radial Engines and then mounting them.

There were two options for the exhaust on this plane. One the exhaust went through the cowling and the other the exhaust was piped out the back side of the cowling. For the French version I'm doing it calls for the latter option.

To accomplish this I had to first fill the holes in the cowling for option one. Then I had to cut the exhaust like you see in the picture below and remount them at a 45 degree angle out the back.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Once the exhaust was dry I placed the engine in the cowling. Next I adjusted the exhaust to fit out the new exits cut into the back of cowling. Then added the engine cover and prop.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Next I moved on to the nose engine and attached the exhaust

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Here is the nose engine mounted and the exhaust weathered

9.jpg

10.jpg

The wing engine mounted

11.jpg

Lastly I fitted the a plate over the center engines exhaust. This plate was intended to prevent engine oil from streaming onto the windshield.

12.jpg

Lower cover

13.jpg

Well that's it for now. Thanks for taking the time to look at my project.

getting there ! nice build so far , are you going to do a dio as well ?
- i've recently did a '52 , existing airframes have usually been altered over the years , making them almost useless for research . but isn't there an original kriegsmarine version in a museum in norway or somewhere ?

Last edited:
Great work mate!
Just got a Tante Ju myself (ambulance version), so nice to see how she shapes up.

Nice work ! I have that very same kit. Now that winter has arrived here in the Great White North I have the needed excuse to go hide in my workshop for long hours !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back