Italeri 1/72 scale JU-52 Minesweeper from Minensuch-Gruppe; France 1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

your welcome all of you I have more coming later......

yes the Minenabzeichen would look good and is quite a common KM badge for sale and many spots on the net, it does not gather that much monies either to sell them. am trying to secure a copy of that document mentioned above about the Km combat clasp which was also awarded to crew members of the Staffeln of the Minensuchegruppe

yes the Minenabzeichen would look good and is quite a common KM badge for sale and many spots on the net, it does not gather that much monies either to sell them. am trying to secure a copy of that document mentioned above about the Km combat clasp which was also awarded to crew members of the Staffeln of the Minensuchegruppe

Erich

I looked on eBay last night but didn't find anything. If you know a place and what is a fair cost let me know. I think that badge would be a great finishing touch.

Dirk you will hae to go with a dealer in the Us or Germany to be fiar and expect to pay at least 100.00US even for one unmarked, mine is marked on the back by the pin and I paid some 225.00 for mine though from what I gather is worth 375.00 plus in the condition it is in.

pic is suppose to be the Offizier in the above photo

let me know further Dirk will post some more text in a moment

Attachments

• lw-km 00.jpg
    lw-km 00.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 111
sweet eh ? just ordered the above book so will let you know in about 14 days as to the content, this thing is real hard to find, published in 1995

though this is abit earlier time frame it indeed is the book for you as it is the base for the Minensuchegrp.

this work is still obtainable in German in rare/not so rare book shops and on several different amazons too which might be easier. I will look into this and behold the all important ISBN # which is worth a nice bottle of cold Deutsche Bier 8)

ISBN # 3-927132-26-8

will have to look into this myself

more later ................ as we dive into this

Too bad I can't read German. I'm hooked on this subject now.

Erich

Someone just turned me on to this site. It may not be the real thing but its good enough. I think I'm going to order one later on today.

German Navy

Well it was a beautiful weekend here in New Jersey but its back to the bench.

I decided that the cargo bay of this JU52 was looking a little scarce and decided to add some detail. Now scratch building is new to me so bear with me on this.

Picture001.jpg

I decided to build the frame work that flanked both of the fuselage walls and anchored the beam mounted 7.92mm MG 15 machine guns on this JU52.

It took a bit of trial and error but I'm happy with the final results. I took some rough measurements and drew them out on paper. This would have been easier if I did it BEFORE I attached the fuselage halves but it was just recently I decided to go this extra step.

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

I used styrene to build the framework and .020 DIA aircraft safety wire for the smaller diameter diagonal bars
IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Here they are sporting a fresh coat of paint. I also applied a dry brushing of the framework with some aluminium paint.
IMG_1452.jpg

Next I placed the frames into the aircraft to see how it fit.
IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

Here is the view from one of the open cargo doors
IMG_1460.jpg

Till next time...

Thanks for looking

You've picked a good one Dirk, I'll be locked into your progress as I've a Pro Modeller 1:48 Ju 52/3m Transport on the top shelf awaiting my attention. Your progress is looking good
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back