joining up

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelup

Recruit
Jan 11, 2009
Hello gents and ladies. (they do exist, I've seen them! :lol: )

I found this forum a few times while tracing, hunting, and finally cornering information on aircraft, OPS etc.

So, since discovering this place is rich in knowledge and personality I thought I'd best join and give something back too.

My main interests are UK airfield histories, Some A/C's and the operations conducted by them.

I fly by a similar name in warbirds online. (I can fly for real so dont go discounting me as a sim jock pls!)

I recently started making airfix kits after my daughter bought me one for my birthday! I haven't done them for at least 15 years now!!
Once I opened the box, She wanted to have a go... back to the shops...

thanks guys, even more so since the replies are from 'the most featured' posters here!!

I have in the past been involved in the restoration of Rougham airfield control tower, in Suffolk used by the USAF thoughout WW2.

hope to spend some time chatting...

Who, or where should I post treads when trying to trace photo's/ details about A/C (often by it's number alone )??

NOW thats fast lucky13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are u a cats eyes Cunningham fan then???

NOW the mossie is for sure (in my opinion) the FIRST true multi role A/C
and today its format is still copied ... 2 engines, 2 crew, low(ish) wing loading, great range, can dogfight, bomb, recce,.......................................
.............................................................................................etc

Love the Mossie..! Building a BOAC Mosquito (put on ice for now) in 1/48, those that flew between Leuchars and Stockholm during the war. Thought that it would be an interesting thing to do, being a Swede myself, but living in Glasgow....
Cats eyes Cunningham? Think you lost me there pal, but give me an extra cold Guinness or three and I'll catch up in a jiffy...:lol:

NOW thats fast lucky13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are u a cats eyes Cunningham fan then???

NOW the mossie is for sure (in my opinion) the FIRST true multi role A/C
and today its format is still copied ... 2 engines, 2 crew, low(ish) wing loading, great range, can dogfight, bomb, recce,.......................................
.............................................................................................etc

Nope, that credit would go to the Fokker G.I ;) :lol:

Welcome, to the forum. I hope you didn't make up the nickname when trying to land ;)

Nope, that credit would go to the Fokker G.I ;) :lol:

Welcome, to the forum. I hope you didn't make up the nickname when trying to land ;)

sadly yes, If it hasn't been shot off, I sometime just forget to put them down!:shock: I do make good landing, but more often than not 1 wheel comes down on approach then has to go back up !!

Fokker G.1 duly noted, abit rickety tho???

sadly yes, If it hasn't been shot off, I sometime just forget to put them down!:shock: I do make good landing, but more often than not 1 wheel comes down on approach then has to go back up !!

Fokker G.1 duly noted, abit rickety tho???

I think a lot of people have that problem :lol:

But for my understanding, what is rickety?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back