'Langnasen Dora' Fw 190D-9's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep - again, welcome to the wonderful world of Late War Luftwaffe colours! And also remember, your gloss coat will change the colours again on you!

I put down a thin coat of RLM82 (Bright Green) and two Coats of RLM83 (Dark Green) this afternoon on this D-11 (looking nice and 'patchey', in much the same way that Wayne does it ) and under the lighting I was using at the time, I would have sworn I SCREWED UP the bix mix of RLM83 I knocked up; it looked more like the greener variants of RLM81 Brown-Violet! Thankfully now that its dried, its taken on more of a olive drab green tone - still need to put a second coat on the RLM82 tomorrow however, to make it denser. Was quite happy with how I've been able to 'layer' things though; another of my experiments, based on observing some of Wayne's work! The RLM83 went on over some RLM82 (to give the gun cover a different shade), over some black primer (to give it that slightly oxidised look) and over some other RLM83 (to give it a deeper, denser look).

But yeah, morale of the story is Jan, if the lighting is representative of the colours, it looks more 81/83 (Brown-Violet/Dark-Green) than 82/83 (Bright-Green/Dark-Green) - there is just not enough 'tonal difference' or contrast between the colours, in my opinion.

Right, ok matey...
Sooo, should the lighter green be a tad brighter then, not much or?
If that's the case, maybe just 'dust' over some of the brighter green that I first used...

Looking good old boy, but I agree with Wayne about the lighting conditions. Th pics are underexposed, making the colours seem darker than they probably are.

Jan, I would suggest having a look at Wayne's Ta 152H-1 --> http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/13...301-favourite-aircraft-all-time-gb-32917.html - That should give you a feel for the relative differences between RLM82/83.

Will do, cheers pal!

Looking good old boy, but I agree with Wayne about the lighting conditions. Th pics are underexposed, making the colours seem darker than they probably are.

Eeeerrrmmmm......doesn't that mean, that I'll have to wait for that sss...suuu....suuummm....that warm and dry season, with that big bluish and round yellowish kinda thingys?

Quite a bit lighter I see.... Give it another go at mixing the colour, if not, see if I can find it again somewhere....if so, start on the JV 44 bird while waiting... Cheers lads!

Users who are viewing this thread