Members Meeting Members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like this.

Attachments

• Air show Cosford 2013 008.jpg
    Air show Cosford 2013 008.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 79
Good grief!
We suddenly have Americanese, Jockanese, and very probably Chimpanese - can't anybody spoke proper England, like wot I can does?
And who ever heard of someone opening the wellies (or maybe galloshes?) to inspect the engine (or, for our less literate, former colonial cousins, the motor) ?
Next thing, you'll be telling me Jan is a devout, practicing Temperance leader - apart from every second Sunday, when he's known as Janette .......

With today's technology, it is entirely possible to open the hood (bonnet for our bewildered cousins across the pond) of an eco-friendly electric automobile and find a motor in there, although I prefer a vehicle with an engine (the bigger the better)

Electric cars - I forgot about those things. They'll never catch on ................ whizz! What was that ???

Good grief!
We suddenly have Americanese, Jockanese, and very probably Chimpanese - can't anybody spoke proper England, like wot I can does?
And who ever heard of someone opening the wellies (or maybe galloshes?) to inspect the engine (or, for our less literate, former colonial cousins, the motor) ?
Next thing, you'll be telling me Jan is a devout, practicing Temperance leader - apart from every second Sunday, when he's known as Janette .......

Terrance old sport, we need to be on guard against the insidious spread of American into our wonderfully, rich language. Its bad enough with text speak, American English spell checkers insisting that humour has no 'u' and the EU breathing down our Gregory Pecks looking for ways to ban more of the things we hold dear...
But, when a British moderator has fallen under the spell been bewitched we need to man the rampants, flash up the Spitfires and prepare to defend our island once again...
Eternal vigilance.
Watchman John

Ramparts with proper crenulations.

And that gal from JAG was certainly a goddess. Most folks probably never picked up what a body that gal hid under her uniform. :love4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back