Members Meeting Members (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Evan, probably around September or early October when, if the weather follows the pattern of the last four years, we'll get what might just pass for summer.
Have a look at the 'UK Social Event' thread, further down in 'Off Topic', which gives a brief outline.

Cheers Terry!

Career change at moment... will get back to you on this subject.

Don't think she really recovered after my ancestors last visit...I'm still keeping an eye on things! :lol:
LOL...my Ancestors waded ashore and stirred things up a bit, then did all they could to stop the Normans...well, that didn't work out too well...

Later on, they tried to evict the British and that didn't work out all that great either...

(the above is in reference to my Scottish ancestors...my German ancestors, well, that's a whole different story!)

You guys in the UK never thought of that, huh? I might get the AA working as he flies over New Jersey! :)
hehe...nice try Chris...I'll just deploy counter-measures and go like hell!! :lol:

Last edited:
I dunno....We have Harrison up North, Toughombre in central Jersey and me in the south. And toxic trash dumps throughout to put up a smoke screen!

My Papau (Father's daddy) kept Alabama moonshine in his freezer. He religiously had a few shots just prior to supper while watching TV. Supper, irrespective of what it was, included home grown fresh tomato slices, fresh jalapeno and cornbread.

Lord I miss that man.

My granny was a good christian woman who never let a drop of alcohol touch her lips. She did, however, make something she called "apple jack", which she said was a medicinal tonic. She would drink about a half water glass full ( about 4 oz.) every night before she want to bed. Said it helped her sleep!
Miss her too!
Just as an aside, my brothers and sisters and I were the only ones in Minnesota, (as far as we knew), with not only a "Granny", (she said "grandma" was for old women) but we had an Auntie Em, and an Aunt Bea, too! No Cousin It, unfortunatly.

Last edited:
Good on you, buddy.

I'm from Alabama rednecks and Birmingham city gentry. My Papau was a carpenter who hunted coons (racoons) and my Granddaddy was a doctor wannabe who was an accountant in a Bethel Steel mill. A crappy way to summarize their lives in a sentence, but let's just leave it at that for the moment.

If that shine is where I think it's from.....he'd be lucky to find his britches. Aaron and I live 15 miles apart, and I work in his hometown. I've had an occasion or two to sip upon the local fire brewed libation, and I will say it can be a mind numbing experience.

Which reminds me...... Aaron we need to have a meet and greet! Seems a shame to to be so close and not to have met. I see form some of your pictures, that you and I were standing next to each other at the Highland Airshow as that Texan taxied out of the hanger. I have nearly the exact same shot. PM me anytime and let's see what we can set up.

What you consider beer in the old colonies, might drastically differ from what I consider beer, I'll stick with the White lightning thank you very much! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back