Missing members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris, like all above I am so very sorry to hear about your and her problems being helpless in such a manner is one of the worst feelings. Dealing with the State and/or Feds is like walking in molasses and trying to find anyone who really cares is fruitless. The state of Illinois is billions in debt and they could care less and the law is such that they can't be sued. Fortunately my retirement had its funds paid into a trust fund so the greedy little State bastids were prohibited from touching it else I'd be in the same boat. Hang in there

I actually told the one girl at the Pension; "I know I'm just another voice on the phone as you sit at your desk, but you have to realize that this is also YOUR pension, dear."

Not sure why Chris (Njaco) no longer comes around. He is active on the FB page for the forum.

I honestly wish the FB page would go away. The forum is so much better.
I really do not know enough Chris about FB since I am not a member and really do not wish to have that much info out on me in the first place that's called family phone,email and skype(favorite).The FB version sounds like a totally different forum/interaction from this one is that right?

Sorry to hear. Glad you're still around. Have you tried out the old/new Artakus theme? Trying to get back to some of the old look on the site. Missing members style Artakus v2
As for text disappearing if you tell me where I can check on that. Along with missing pics! The only thing I might think if they were hosted elsewhere. Photobucket decided to not allow linking to photos anymore, which disrupted many photos. Also many old photos were hosted off site, which those locations may not exist anymore. I've been trying to download remotely hosted pictures and store them on the server. Some may have been missed though. - david

That's right. Facebook groups are a little more chaotic. It's not a medium where you want to store information for a long time as the info sinks away quickly and there is not much structure. It's probably a bit better in almost realtime and more casual contact between people, that's why it's called social media.

...... Also many old photos were hosted off site, which those locations may not exist anymore. I've been trying to download remotely hosted pictures and store them on the server. Some may have been missed though. - david

David, is it preferred that photos not be linked to other sites? I started doing that over in the Picture of the Day thread and elsewhere. I'm on another forum where they do not allow ANY direct uploads due to concerns about eventually overloading the server space so what is our stance in that regard?

We are working on standardizing it and making it like it used to be.

Chris and David - one of the missing items are dates from the "This Day In..." threads. Apparently when I used an old feature that allowed me to not put the text directly within the post - such as the date that I did back then - it was lost when transferred to the new changes. I have been trying to correct that but kinda lost interest. I understand about hot-linking to other pic sites which is why I never did that. But if a pic has carried over with the new changes, it shows up very small and you have to actually click on the pic to bring it to the proper size. My "Battle of Britain" thread has done this. As I stated, even though they are nothing to start a war over, these little things just bugged me. They may be one of the things that made me lose some interest the past year or so.

Direct uploads are fine here. If you post a linked image the site will eventually grab and convert to attachment. So you can do it either way.

Originally when I scraped all the linked images I had them add as thumbs. I can easily fix that with a database search/replace command.

one of the missing items are dates from the "This Day In..." threads.
I can look into those posts/threads. Could you post a link

.....But if a pic has carried over with the new changes, it shows up very small and you have to actually click on the pic to bring it to the proper size.
I've been slowly going through my old threads when I have some extra time and making the pictures full size, but that takes a lot of time and I'd rather spend the time at other places on the forum. If there is a way to change all the pictures back at one time that would make my day!

Users who are viewing this thread