Mountain country....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Which are your favourite spots? Doesn't matter if it's for hunting, hiking or whatever..... I have a soft for the Rocky Mountains, Sierra Nevadas, Bitterroots, Cascades, just to mention a few.... :oops:

Glencoe without a doubt

Attachments

• mountain2.jpg
    mountain2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 636
I have to admit, the Highlands frickin rock! It blew my mind to be up at 5am hiking outside in daylight. It would have to be a tossup between there and the Rockies. The Blue Ridge Mtns would be in 3rd.

Jan, between trains, NASCAR, and now the Rockies, I'm beginning to believe you are a closet American :lol:

Well, I'm mostly the plainsman myself, living here in Vojvodina which is part of Pannonian Plain. I don't know, it's just such lovely site when you look around yourself and see plains as far as eye can reach.
There are some nice mountauins in Southern Serbia though (Kopaonik being the best known), but my number one destination which I would like to visit some day are Tatra mountauins in Slovakia. Speaking of it, wouldn't mind seeing the Highlands neither.

Here are few photos of "Vysoke Tatry" in Slovakia...

20.jpg

78.jpg

Cascades, the Olympics, and all that mountainous goodness up in NW Washington State. My favorite stomping grounds were up in the Mt. Baker area. Mt. Shuksan is up in the same range as Baker.

1. Mt. Baker
2. Mt. Shuksan

Attachments

• Mount Baker 2 LG.jpg
    Mount Baker 2 LG.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,687
  • mount-shuksan-autumn-scenery_4613.jpg
    mount-shuksan-autumn-scenery_4613.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,975
Out in the middle of no where in New Mexico...Chaco Canyon (Also known as Chaco Culture National Park) Been 4 or 5 times...always think I'm not coming back, but I always do...
The center of Anastazi culture in like the 1100 time period.
Once held a piece of pottery in my hands
What a head trip, I can't begin to tell you
8)

...and a drinking buddy, give me a shout! :lol:

Some Swedish rockpiles in my neighbourhood and further up north....

1. Kittelfjall
2. Kebnekaise
3. Muddusmyren (Muddus Swamp) I know, not a mountain exactly....
4. Can't remember the name, but it's my backyard where I used to live in Sweden....

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Sweden/Norrland/Jamtland/page1.htm

Attachments

• mountain.jpg
    mountain.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6,796
  • muddusmyren.jpg
    muddusmyren.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 861
  • kebne.jpg
    kebne.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 977
  • j6_kittelfjall_fatmomakk.jpg
    j6_kittelfjall_fatmomakk.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:
Just a couple of shots of our mountains taken about 4 years back on a trip to Uluru and the Warren bungles. A classic bit of Australia..................
Australia.gif

2-1 Uluru.jpg

Uluru at sunset and yes it's colour is real.

2-2 Uluru.jpg

From the air

2-3 Warren Bungles.jpg

The Warren Bungles range

2-4 Warren Bungles.jpg

only 450m but its right behind my house and a very nice walk if i am feeling energetic i can add her bigger sister west lomond which takes the walk up to about 12 miles .at least i will be able to soon the brain tumour has slowed me down some but i am getting there

Attachments

• flkFalkland Hill2.JPG
    flkFalkland Hill2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 933

Users who are viewing this thread

Back