My 21st Century Toys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've never posted good pictures of all of these, so here you go!

Avenger (1/48th with it):

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

Thanks guys, and yeah, they're HUGE. I'm lucky as I have space to hang them, otherwise I wouldn't have anywhere to put them. The Bf 109 is actually pretty small compared to the others, but then you look at the Avenger, which is just enormous, like you really have to see it in person to understand. At least the wings fold on that one. The Stuka on the other hand, is almost as big as the Avenger, but no folding wings. To give you an idea on the span, you cannot fit it horizontally through a door, you have to "roll" it up on one wing.

I have 17 21st Century planes, but they are all 1:32, so they are a bit larger than your. The only reason I went with 1:32 was they are a little bigger and cheaper in price. I'd like to have a 1:18 P-38 Lightning, but I can't justify getting that one as I have nowhere to put it. I mean, over a 3 foot wing span is getting a little silly.

Mine are all 1:18, sorry I wasn't very clear in the first post. The smaller Avenger is 1:48. But yeah, when the Mitchell comes out, I'd like to get that, but I actually have nowhere to put it. I need an addition onto the house!

Bleedin' Nora!They are BIG Cory! I'd love to get a couple, and do some scratch-built interior detail, additional or different paint work etc. I could go to town on the interior of the Avenger, or Mitchell. But, where to put them is the question! Maybe I should get a shed after all!
Thanks for showing them in relation to the surroundings, as I've only ever seen asverts for them before, where the sheer size isn't apparent.

Yeah Seesul, I am lucky. I have grandparents in Florida, and that's where I got most of them.

Terry: Yeah, you see them in ads but it just doesn't give any indication of size. The Avenger's fairly roomy inside, and there's a torpedo bay and everything, some scratchbuilding could be done in there. That's a king sized bed by the way.

Yeah Seesul, I am lucky. I have grandparents in Florida, and that's where I got most of them.

Terry: Yeah, you see them in ads but it just doesn't give any indication of size. The Avenger's fairly roomy inside, and there's a torpedo bay and everything, some scratchbuilding could be done in there. That's a king sized bed by the way.
once you get married they are yard sale:lol: fodder

Excuse my stupidity but are these models are or R/C? Im guessing RC from the size but some people use their models as toys *cough Trebor*. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back