My apologies... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Some of you may have read the thread and seen the comments where I let my emotions get the better of me. While I stand by my argument, I was wrong in allowing it to get out of hand. This forum is about the exchange of views and ideas and regardless of beliefs it should remain civil. Something that I fully stand for.

My sincere apologies to the forum membership.

I thought about walking away from the forum (because of other things as well that are not related to this.), but I have decided otherwise. This is just the internet, and this place has been my "internet family". Just like in the real world, you don't always get along with family or even like them. Same goes for here...:lol:

So again, my sincere apologies to you all.

Adler, no worries.

There are actually two discussions not one.. The first is the historical events and the second is how it pans out today, I have lived in Germany of and on for years. The problem with establishing German war guilt is that it ends up with Greece hurling the Nazi card into the meeting every time they are asked to repay a loan. In fact the Nazi card gets thrown in the discussion every time some EU country wants Germany to pay for something, even I found it tiresome and borderline childish as a Brit.

Don't know what thread this is about Chris, but you're not the only one mate. I've lost my rag a few times with people, as you well know. Definitely not my prouder moments, but the antagonists did p*** me off sufficiently to react as I did. Wish I could have rebutted them in some well worded manner instead, but the blood was up and that was it. (I now avoid most topic threads as a result)

Anyway mate, don't be going anywhere!

Yea Chris it's your GERMAN temper getting the better of you :p
In all seriousness I personally am very happy that you have changed your mind. I also fully understand what triggered it. My first reaction was the same as yours.
But then, having been in Vietnam I share the guilt of My Lai

Adlers dispute was with me, and it is to my great anguish that our differences have junked one friendship. It makes me sad.

Im really down at the moment. I buried a long time friend today, known the woman for nearly 40 years, since I was a child. From Holland. her husband Louis was my soccer coach and his son was my best buddy. a survivor, member of the underground, captured and tortured. 300 people at the funeral. Watching this for the 3rd time in a year is starting to mess with my sanity I think. certainly taking me to the place where the black dog lives as I watch people I have known for a long time lose their strength, their mind and finally their life.

I apologise for the anguish this may have caused. no, im still the pain in the ass voice but I just wished sometimes I had the brains to keep my mouth shut on things that can obviously be sensitive.

Very sad to hear mate, but you and Chris are both good guys. Differences maybe, but who dosen't have them. If you can both accept each others view point and let it be, then no harm done to the friendship and we can put this behind us.
You are both two very respected members of this forum and it would be a big loss to see either of you go.

Adlers dispute was with me, and it is to my great anguish that our differences have junked one friendship. It makes me sad.

Im really down at the moment. I buried a long time friend today, known the woman for nearly 40 years, since I was a child. From Holland. her husband Louis was my soccer coach and his son was my best buddy. a survivor, member of the underground, captured and tortured. 300 people at the funeral. Watching this for the 3rd time in a year is starting to mess with my sanity I think. certainly taking me to the place where the black dog lives as I watch people I have known for a long time lose their strength, their mind and finally their life.

I apologise for the anguish this may have caused. no, im still the pain in the ass voice but I just wished sometimes I had the brains to keep my mouth shut on things that can obviously be sensitive.
very sad to hear that Michael

Michael, my last two childhood through Vietnam and after, friends died in the last year I share your sorrow.
To quote Evelyn Beatrice Hall: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Very sad to hear mate, but you and Chris are both good guys. Differences maybe, but who dosen't have them. If you can both accept each others view point and let it be, then no harm done to the friendship and we can put this behind us.
You are both two very respected members of this forum and it would be a big loss to see either of you go.

The viewpoint (and yes insult to me) that started this riff I can not accept.

I however will remain civil, and will not discuss it further with parsifal. I will leave it at that, and I apologize to all of you for not being so during the "discussion".

There where several reasons I thought about leaving, this was just the icing on the cake. I had actually been thinking about it for a little over a month. I am not going though. This is my cyber home away from home. I love most of you guys too much...:lol: Especially the guys on the moderating team, some of whom I can honestly call a friend.

I just wanted to express my apologies, because how can I be a moderator and enforce rules of the forum if I act that way. I won't let my emotions get in the way of that again.

Good to know you're not leaving Chris. Regardless of differences, this forum is one of the best going - having very briefly perused some others, I have seen insults, a great deal of "I'm an expert so I must be right", and a heck of a lot of total b*ll*cks - which is something I don't see here. It's people like you, and the vast majority of the members here, all of which I consider friends, which make this such a great place to be, with so much knowledge and real expertise.
So, stick around, chew the fat - but don't march into Poland or annexe the Sudatenland !!

No worries Chris, I'm not aware of the details of what happened. Either way, glad you're sticking round mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back