My Gallery

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Albcrashedinbackyard010-1.gif

Thank you to the Aerodrome.com
for including my stuff in their Art Gallery.Until now only 2D paintings or drawings have been accepted.Not only have they recognized my dioramas as Art but also my digital picture compositions in 2D as well.
This is wonderful news not only for me but for all dioramists and photographers out there.
Sure it is not the American or Canadian Aviation Artists associations that we are talking about here but it is a crack in the door of what is considered Aviation Art.

Somebody asked me what do you call what you do? you know I had a tough time putting a handle on it myself.When you take a picture of a painting they call it a print.When you take multiple pics in a row they call it a movie.But when you take a 2D pic of a composition that you have created in 3D,what then would you call it.If your composition is totally scratch built and then you take a pic and then put it in a digital frame what would you call it ?A digital print? Interesting..........

Somebody asked me what do you call what you do? you know I had a tough time putting a handle on it myself.When you take a picture of a painting they call it a print.When you take multiple pics in a row they call it a movie.But when you take a 2D pic of a composition that you have created in 3D,what then would you call it.If your composition is totally scratch built and then you take a pic and then put it in a digital frame what would you call it ?A digital print? Interesting..........

You are a true artist. No one wonders like that. Photo is photo.
Only a genius or true artist cares such definition.
It's my honor to live with you in the same era.

Your work is exceptional, John...there's no doubt about that. But You don't really need "official" recognition from one group or another, your true recognition is from the people like us who are in awe of your craftmanship and abilities.

And again, many thanks for posting photos of your dioramas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back