My Kid, the Pilot!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Not really.

But I've noticed that alot of us fly in the sky (well, it is an Aviation forum!) and sometimes take along our children. So, lets post some of those pics. This is for the kids.

My pics have a story.

It was an Experimental Airshow at a small local airport that I took the kids to. They were giving flights for about $10 so I got my kids to go. My oldest was in the front right and we took off. As we were flying, the pilot had my son don the headset and gave him the controls. I grabbed my camera to take a pic and.......without knowing it, the pic I took is of him flying over the house I grew up in! The houses out the window was my homestead for 40+ years. Love this pic!

So show us your pilot trainees!!!

Attachments

• kids05.jpg
    kids05.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 282
  • kids06.jpg
    kids06.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 273
Well I was considered unfit for duty...so they kept me grounded. But I got enough money after saving 2 years for a war bird ride in reading next year.

Attachments

• Pilots.JPG
    Pilots.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 329
Neat stuff, Chris. I took Jacob flying once and got in a lot of hot water with the missus for it. But he loved it.
DSC_3336.jpg

He doesn't get as much out of the museum as he used to, but when he did, it was great. This is one of my favorite photos that I have taken of him.
129_2946.jpg

Great stuff! I'll try to find some pics of my youngest daughter, when she was about 4 or 5 - she's now 24 !!

Took my son to Oshkosh in 2005.

That was pretty neat but the highlight of the whole trip was the look on his face when I took him on a sortie in B-17 'Fuddy Duddy'. When the guy up front set take off power on the loud levers, I swear I have never seen any one grin so much !!

Then later that day he got to try out a T-28 procedures trainer.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg