MY WORLD (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It seems stupid to say it now after the above, but as a kid my favorite Tonka truck was the grader...

I remember using a stick to carve out roads on a little side hill for Dinky toys.

Statoil was never a major player in the oil sands and jumped on the band wagon to develop leases when prices were high.

"Desmog UK". The name says it all.

I've got several friends from B.C. working over there running machines and working in plants and they've been told their jobs are safe, it's the contractors who were let go. That all could change at a later date however. One of the ways companies are looking at cutting costs is the use of Autonomous haul truck, driverless trucks. I saw one being test in Arizona at Komatsu's proving grounds in 2010. Currently there are 12 working in the Tar Sands...

View: https://youtu.be/F_Re68mLf9Q

View: https://youtu.be/c7AOVJPtxTI

These can't be used in a mine like the one I work in as we have to deal with ice on 11-12% ramps in winter and mud ruts on the dam in the spring

Wow, just read this thread for the first time! George your office is pretty impressive. So at the end of the day when you get in your car do you look for the joysticks first? Unfortunately I do not have sufficient eye hand coordination never mind brain power, to ever handle that many functions simultaneously. But man would I love to do a ride along sometime! I am with Vic and the others, as a kid my favorite was the grader. We had an old above ground pool that had been removed which left a fantastic dirt play area for my brother and I which we gradually turned into our own open pit mine with our Tonka trucks!

Today SWMBO decided it would be a good day to take Dawg on a 400km (3km according to the wife) walk. I suggested the 3 of us vote on it and lost 14 - 1. Most of the trip involved peeing and poopin or looking for spots to pee and poop.

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

...in the background is the former papermill I worked at for 22 years, now a co-gen plant...

d.jpg

Now this is insane, a $500,000 house in this tiny hamlet and the view overlooks the town sewer lagoon....

e.jpg

Dawg....

f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back