MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No smell from there in 23yrs. Hugh but if you go back to the top photo, in the tree line over the wife's left shoulder, you can see the steam from the kraft mill and we smell that smelly smell about 3 times a year, not at all pleasant though it is referred to as "the smell of money". A grand day it was Andy, about -1°C; of course I was dressed for -40.

Thanks guys. This tour started out the worst way imaginable. Our crew dispatcher was notified on the first night that his daughter had just been murdered in Edmonton, Alta. Night 4 had us set a production record, least amount of tons moved in a shift. This was due to a lengthy shovel move that shut down the main ramp. Night 5 had us smash a 12 hour record by 7000 tons; 99,700 and a 24 hour record of 188,600. Daily 12 hour targets are 63,000 tons. Night 6 and we went from heroes to zeroes, a dozer operator came within a few meters from plunging to the bottom of the pit...

Resized_20170227_210604.jpg

...surprisingly little damage done to the dozer and the operator sustained some damage to his dignity and underwear.

Last edited:
Started playing around with "Tilt-Shift Miniature" without using an app on my phone, instead using Paint.net. As you can tell, this is a work in progress...

c.jpg

....it works better when there is a lot going on in the foreground and background

Users who are viewing this thread

Back