New built ME-262s

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yerger

Airman
Jun 12, 2009
anyone seen one fly, at a show or otherwise ? More photos ?

Attachments

• 2621.jpg
    2621.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
According to a post card I received in the mail from the collings foundation, they do have one and it flies in the wings of freedom Tour with the P-51, B-17, and B-24. Unfortunately, Me 262 flight training costs $3,400 for 45 minutes!

Didn't know the Collings Foundation had a '262. Would have been cool if they did, and they had brought it with 'em here to town last week :lol:

No matter, got to see the P-51, B-24 and B-17 anyway!

When you look closely at the cockpit conopy on this newly built Me 262s doesn't it look strangely shaped in comparison with genuine Me 262 conopy?

Attachments

• Copy of Me262_AndreasKess_5.jpg
    Copy of Me262_AndreasKess_5.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Copy of Messerschmitt_ME_262_2.jpg
    Copy of Messerschmitt_ME_262_2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 199
I'd love to see one of these fly, higher performance and a low pass must take your breath away. I looked at the Collins site, strange is isn't mentioned.

I also heard something regards a similar new built FW-190 project

When you look closely at the cockpit conopy on this newly built Me 262s doesn't it look strangely shaped in comparison with genuine Me 262 conopy?

I think they look the same. I think it is just the angle the pic is taken at. The new 262s are built to the same specs as the original ones. The only difference is the avionics and engines.

I also heard something regards a similar new built FW-190 project

Yes here in Germany a company called Flugwerk has been building new Fw 190s for years now.

Flugwerk

Last edited:
Probably you are right Adler, but still it looks different to me. More so because of what you said that new Me 262s are build to the same specs with difference only in engines and avionics. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that this new Me 262s reportedly can change from one seater to two seater configuration according to need and buyer's wish?

Probably you are right Adler, but still it looks different to me. More so because of what you said that new Me 262s are build to the same specs with difference only in engines and avionics. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that this new Me 262s reportedly can change from one seater to two seater configuration according to need and buyer's wish?

My understanding is you can order 3 different aircraft.

1. Me 262 single seater
2. Me 262 two seater
3. Me 262 convertable from two seater to single seater

The Me262s are an exact replica, designed and built with the original plans with of course, the few mentioned upgrades.

It is so accurate, that the Messerschmitt Foundation has granted the new '262 actual production model assignments.

Me262A-1c - model based on the Me262A1-a

Me262B-1c - model based on the Me262B-1a

Me262A/B-c - convertable model, switches between the A1-a and B-1a

By the way, isn't Flugwerk making new P-51Ds also?

I thought that too. The new canopy windscreen doesn't have the correct sweep angle of the original. It's shallower giving the appearance of being more upright. You'd have thought this was an easy mould to shoot. But, it may be accurate if the original armored front glass is removed. Regardless, it looks wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back