Happy New Year!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I know that it's a few hours left. But, since I'm still :lol: in a state where I can write and spell without too much difficulty, I thought that I'd wish you a Happy New Year and a prosperous 2010!

Almost four hours to pub opens...!!?? :shock:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp !
and surely I'll be mine !
And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae run about the braes,
and pu'd the gowans fine ;
But we've wander'd mony a weary foot,
sin auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae paidl'd i' the burn,
frae morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
sin auld lang syne.

CHORUS
And there's a hand, my trusty fiere !
and gie's a hand o' thine !
And we'll tak a right gude-willy waught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

Burns' original Scots verse......;)

First off ....abject apologies. Havent been exactly active on this site (due to work and other reasons) for the past few months. I've missed Anniversaries, Birthdays, greeting the new members of the family, updates on threads, even Christmas !!!!!....the list goes on !. Feel depressed now !:cry:

Rightyho....working on the assumption the Mods (Bless 'em all, more pay I say !) dont slap a ban on me for not participating much recently....yeah, I know...straight to bed and no coco and biscuits !, I'd like to start making amends by wishing all my friends and members of this great site, my very sincere best wishes for a very happy and prosperous, New Year, whatever you are doing....or planning on doing !

Quick question for you....do we pronounce the numbers for the next year as Two Thousand and Ten....or Twenty Ten ?. Hate to start off on the 'wrong foot' !

And finally, let me be the first to wish you all a Happy Easter for next year.....Phew...almost forgot that one !

With 11minutes to go as I write this, its definately a quiet one for me. Just me and a can of bitter.

Happy New Year Fellas! Hope its better than 09' to be honest.

:p

Attachments

• HappyNewYear.jpg
    HappyNewYear.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 93
Well since I will not be online tonight once I get to my party, I want to wish all the members of this forum, you are all my friends, a very Happy New Year!

I pray that 2010 will be a great year for all of you!

We still have about 8 hours to go here...

D$#*, I am 8 hours late to Lucky's party. I better get started. I better get a couple of bottles during lunch.
Happy Twenty Ten! Keep posting those " breaking news report" greetings!

DBII

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back