NO GLUE REQUIRED

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bigZ

Senior Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Sorry if this is a bit off topic. But seeing as their is a few train spotters here.:lol: I thought it might be of intrest.

This is my own design slot together 'Jinty' Fowler Class 3F locomotive.

Its taken me a week to design just the chasis(the hard part). One hour to cut. Pictured is the MKI version(after been tested by my 2 lads for the day). Just made the MKII and its perfect. After making this push along version. I am hoping to put an electric motor in the MKIII. Loco will be approx 500mm long.

I promise the next one will be a slot together Spit. With working retacts, prop and flaps.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 170
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 168
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 171
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 197
  • jinty.jpg
    jinty.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 165
Wow thats very cool man!

The old Jintys were a great workhouse, especially helping those goods trains up hills when the Black 5s couldnt quite do it on their own.

My grandfather was a fitter at Derby MPD for LMS and then later BR.

Cheers.

Looking great.:D

What do you use for cutting out or pre-cutting- laser?

Wow...thats a pretty good bit of work going on there. Allthough I'm a 'dyed in the wool' GWR bloke myself theres just something about all the little engines thatt makes them look soo busy and purposefull !.

So....1 to 1 scale next ???

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Wurger- I use a homemade 3 axis cnc to do the cutting. Cutting area is 670mm x 1150mm. An awesome tool that allows me to do signage and even 3D sculptures. I even have a program where I can scan an object(Say a person). Take that scan slice the the CAD model of the person and then machine it. The best bit is supping a cup of tea while it does the work.

Vicking Berserker - I am trying to sell some at the weekend at the local market. I have been busy cutting some free downloads of dinosaurs, planes,insects,trains etc.

I choose the 'Jinty' as this was my favorite loco on my Grandads train track as a kid(I still have it).

If all goes well at the market. I will have to design a Spit with at least retractable undercarriage.

I will have to learn how to do muliple quotes in a single post.

Attachments

• toolpaths.gif
    toolpaths.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Darth-Slices-Small.gif
    Darth-Slices-Small.gif
    143.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back