Not sure what to do anymore... in need of guidance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With all! Great news here all round, including the breakdown - therein lies the proof of his commitment to get over this.
There may be one or two small lapses yet, but they will be less and less till they diminish altogether. He will pass this with flying colours in the end.

You and your family have also done extremely well mate, full credit to you all.

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys, it means a lot to us

He has expressed interest in a boarding school in MAssachusetts to help him keep clean. The school takes them to NA/AA meetings and things like that as well

Good news Harrison! with all here! It sure sounds like he is trying his best to stay clean! Wanting to go to a boarding school away from his influences near home is a huge step! It sounds like he is taking this very seriously!

Thanks guys !

He attends NA and AA meetings just about everyday and he actually took me with him to one at an 'open meeting'. I met his sponsor (who he talks to just about all day) and I heard the other hardships people have gone through. One guy was 30 years sober and shared his story. It was pretty eye opening

Well, he had a relapse, and it was a bad one.

I came home from school yesterday and my parents told him to stay outside and that they needed to talk to him. I told my little brother to go downstairs and i'd be down in a second. They got a call he was using opiates. He proceeded to start throwing things, he broke a glass table in the backyard, my dads bike, and a few other miscellaneous items. My dad told him that he needs to be evaluated at a hospital and he said he'd never take a drug test, screamed a few profanities, and then proceeded to fall asleep on the steps in the front of our house. Then my dad (Police officer) starting comparing my eyes to his, his pupils were like the point of a pin. He was obviously under the influence during this whole ordeal and the symptoms for heroin are violence toward loved ones.

He also broke one of my things and im bigger then him so I grabbed him and held him against the wall, my dad told me to let him go and then said not to come back in. We had the police take him to the hospital since he wouldn't go willingly. Doctors evaluated him there, he tested positive, but the kicker is they can't hold him there. He won't sign himself into a rehab and said he would rather be in jail. So my parents yesterday took pictures of everything broken and plan on filing charges with the police.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Its not like were in some impoverished inner city area, my parents are both hardworking people who contribute to society. I don't get it.

I mean he's pulled this kind of stunt so many times, I'm telling to police to please take him. Process him and then wait for a judge and get him court ordered somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back