Not sure what to do anymore... in need of guidance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys he got medicine to stabilize his mood and is at his meetings (as usual)

He still does IOP (Intensive out patient) and goes to AA and NA meetings

Joe Laverty:
officially on the road to recovery and thanks for everyone supporting me and f*** everyone who doubts me

Well looks like somethings clicked...:D, that was from facebook

Agreed with all of the above...sounds like his attitude is where it should be! Don't let the bad days get y'all down, they're bound to happen (everybody has them). Y'all can make it through, and it just makes the good days all the more sweeter!

Thanks so much everyone!

He told my parents he doesn't want to go to IOP anymore, because all the kids there are just there because they're court ordered to be. He said he'd rather go to an AA or NA meeting everyday because the people there wants to get better. He has a bunch of different issues that he takes pills for. He has anxiety, depression, believe he's bipolar and he takes nearly 8 pills everyday. He said during their breaks at IOP the kids all talk about drugs and how to cheat the test and "He can't get better in an environment like that". Seems to have a valid point.

I owe all you guys an update

So When he did return he had a slight relapse. He broke down crying after he had done it. Every since he's been 41 days sober now. He does smoke cigarettes outside the house but we have to pick and chose our battles. He's been removed from school and is getting home-schooled basically (Teacher comes to our house). The school seems to be where a lot of his problems came from. Again I can't thank you guys enough for all the support.

Hey, the breakdown is actually a good thing...it shows that he's genuinely trying to keep clean, and was kicking himself (pretty hard, too) for the relapse. We're all human, and prone to failures and weakness. Keep encouraging him, H, from what you've said before, he looks up to you! And getting him out of the public school, where his old "gang" still hangs out, is probably one of the best things. "Out of sight, out of mind". Tell him we're all still rootin' for him!

My youngest son had drug problems - jail (in three states), many lost opportunities and lost relationships. He put me and his brother through hell.
As others said until your brother confronts is problems there isn't a lot you can do.
Absolutely do not become an enabler!

Hang in there buddy. Irrespective if your brother's decisions in life, you are a good man and a good brother. Always remember that. And always seek to live up to that ideal which YOU define as a "good man".

It certainly sounds like he is on the right road now. Keep encouraging him and supporting him in his recovery. It makes a big difference. The NA/AA can make a big difference. Having traveled the road he is on, the signals show a good path change. The longer you stay on the right road, the easier it is to stay there (I've been sober for 14.5 years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back