Old friend found!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
With the help of the members of this forum, and in particular seesul (THANKS Roman!), I have been able to re-establish contact with one of the old friends I was searching for!
After sending a tentative letter to the address in Iowa, U.S.A., provided by seesul, tonight I received an e-mail from Bob Kirkpatrick, who I lost touch with at least six or seven years ago.
Bob, an American, was in the R.C.A.F. during WW2, and flew Beaufighters, and later, Mosquitos with 21 Sqn. R.A.F., taking part in numerous raids, including the famous attack on 'Shell House', the Gestapo H.Q. in Copenhagen, Denmark, on March 21 1945.
Bob continued flying, in various civilian roles, until the late 1980's, and has some amusing (and hairy!) stories from this period. I have, of course, just e-mailed him, and have mentioned this forum, asking if he would be willing to describe some of his wartime 'adventures', either directly, or via myself.
Hopefully, we can look forward to some interesting tales, about operations, and about the Mosquito.
I can't describe how thrilled I am to be back in touch with Bob, and I must thank those that were instrumental in my re-establishing contact with this wonderful Gentleman.
Thanks again everyone, especially seesul.
Terry.

Seesul's da man! May your enemies get infested with the fleas from 1000 camels and their arms to short to scratch...!

Great stuff Terry! Hope to hear some stories...

Hi Terry,

you´ll never know how happy I´m, happy for you...it toke me a lots of months and sometime also years to find the vets I´m actually in touch with so I know what do you speak about. So heartly congrats from me to you for getting in touch with Bob again. Looking 4ward to his stories!!!

just saw this thread..............excellent this is what this forum is about and that to share knowledge in all capacities. It's a small world really

enjoy the times and memories. big thumbs up Roman !!

Thanks everyone! And once again, thank YOU Roman!
Hopefully, we'll have some tales from Bob, either direct or via little old me. Bob is now back in Humboldt, Iowa, where he started one of the first commercial crop-dusting businesses after the war....I guess he was well used to low flying!!!
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back