Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's one more picture. It's a huge beast isn't it? :shock:

Attachments

• 5807466467_053c8e7803_b.jpg
    5807466467_053c8e7803_b.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 71
That's a great museum too, isn't it?

So I hear Evan, haven't been there myself yet. But I've decided that next time I go visit my sister in Bratislava I'll have to make a one day excursion to Vienna and going to this place is a must.

By the way, "Viribus Unitis" has a significant place in our maritime history as first and only Yugoslav battleship. Although she existed in that capacity for only one day. At the end of WW1 and after collaps of Austro-Hungary a short lived State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs as a first step in unification of all southern Slavs was formed out of former Habsburg territories. This state took over entire Austrian Navy in the Adriatic and subsequently "Viribus Unitis" was renamed "Yugoslavia". Despite these facts (or maybe just because of them) Italians made a raid at Pula harbor and sank the ship the next day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the history Igor, wasn't aware of that.
No offence to Italian members here, but they were sneaky buggers after the first world war. When the Allied troops broke up the Austro-Hungarian empire they weren't exactly sure where the Italian/Austrian borders were, so told the Italians to post troops on their borders, and from there they would chart the new maps.
Well, they're not stupid are they... they did a sneak raid and stationed troops in Austrian territory, subsequently acquiring half of Tyrol for free.
The inhabitants of the occupied region speak German to this day.

And that museum is great -well worth a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back