Prinz Heinrich zu Sayn-Wittgenstein Junkers Ju 88C-6 N/F GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Username: Lucky 13
Name: Jan
Category: 2 Intermediate
Model: Junkers Ju 88C-6
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Dragon
Aftermarket additions: Decals for the moment....

It is the bottom one, C9+AE but the C9+DE is interesting too, being his 'express nightfighter' in which, as it says in the book, Prices of Darkness by Claire Rose Knott, from which these profiles comes from....he scored most of his kills in, during moonlit nights.

DSCF0002-125.jpg

DSCF0001-138.jpg

paint scheme is too mottled dark in the first one to light in the second, take your pick as it should be somewhere in the middle, but until clear pics of this C are known, and most likely they will never be as the Prince was death on anyone who took pics of any machine in his unit(s) under his command.

Cheers Erich my friend....appreciated as always! I'm kinda stuck inbetween, DE is tempting being a bit of a hot rod. Curious how the nose armament was changed.

4 mgs and two 2cm in the nose, standard procedure or two of them in the lower bay ? dang don't have the info in front of my face

no gondola reduced the arms by 2. so the usual if my brain is working is 3 mg 15's and a single 2cm cannon in the nose, not really enough punch to down a BC bomber but it was

I thought you might like this Jan. Extracted from an email to me from Herr Peter Spoden, ex - Gruppenkommandeur I./NJG6.

Hello Paul

I knew our princes very well, met them in the war and read a lot about them. They were very brave men.
Once in a night I was with Sayn-Wittgenstein together, we both got alarm-takeoff and were running to our aircrafts. It was a winternight with lots of snow at the airport. Wittgenstein in front of me lost his left boot, but did not stop, continued to the a/c in a hurry and took off without immediately.
I took off after him. He was successful and I did not find any in this night. Just a true story in those days.
best regards
Peter

Much obliged my good man! Depends how this one goes, I might do one of Egmont Prinz zur Lippe-Weissenfeld's '110's, I know that you like them a wee bit....

True words of wisdom Wojtek my friend.... What do we know about '110E, how many kills did he get in it, was it just two?

Had that kit in my hands at the hobby shop along with the Uhu looking back and forth. Glad you're doing it Jan - should be good.

Following the conversations here with interest. God stuff guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back