Revell 1/48 B-17G "Chow Hound" Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol: On some really tiny areas of the turret I used the liquid mask.

So I can put the turret in when it's done? Sweet.

Thanks very much T. Also, do you have any info on who the crew was?

Probably will Andy!
H, I'll see what I can find on Chow Hound - think I've got soem info somewhere. Yes, the top turret drops into the 'hole', then twists to engage. the ball turrret can be clipped into the gimble of the yoke afterwards or, if you're careful and gentle, the whole yoke, complete with turret, can be pushed into place from below, until it 'clicks' into place. It makes lif a lot easier for masking and painting. It's always worth looking fully at the instructions and the parts, to see what can and can't be done later, then planning ahead, with modifications to the build sequencxe if needed - makes things easier sometimes!
If I can't find any info on Chow Gound, have a look at the Bomb Group's Association or Veteran's web-site, there might be a lot of info there - I found the name of the B17G I modelled, after looking elsewhere for about 20 years! Also found a pic of it's nose too! How did we manage before the Internet??!! Months or years of searching books,film footage, libraries, museums, veterans interviews etc - that's what!!

Not finished....but...just some progress...

Attachments

• 102_6149.JPG
    102_6149.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 102_6150.JPG
    102_6150.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 102_6151.JPG
    102_6151.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 102_6152.JPG
    102_6152.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 142
Hay H that cockpit looking damn good and it looks like you had some fun with the airbrush, when I looked at your shots yesterday, I honestly thought the kit came in a green plastic

:hotsun: :hotsun:

H has grown up so quickly. It seems let yesterday he was just learning how to hold sand paper.:lol: Did you buy the decals for Chow Hound or did it come with the model?

DBII

I was thinking about getting one. I have a book with a couple of 8th AF birds that was used for night missions. They are painted OD over black. I just do not have the room right now.

DBII

Ok some updates.

Added Bombardier controls and the norden bombsight. I'm gonna end up putting a piece of cloth, canvas something.... over the bombsight... since it will sit somewhere and in all pictures you see the sight is covered,

Attachments

• 102_6153.JPG
    102_6153.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 102_6154.JPG
    102_6154.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 102_6155.JPG
    102_6155.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 133
H how is the airbrush working for you? I would like to get one one day.

DBII

Well, besides cleaning which can be a drag, they are sweet! I only airbrush major parts like bulkheads, panels, etc. The desk, bombsight, controls, chairs are all handbrushed.

Well, besides cleaning which can be a drag, they are sweet! I only airbrush major parts like bulkheads, panels, etc. The desk, bombsight, controls, chairs are all handbrushed.

It shows Bud looking very good on the paint.Once I looked in I knew you had the airbrush up and running properly.Clean Clean Clean but is worth it.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back