Revell 1/48 B-17G "Chow Hound" Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok...

Attachments

• 102_6156.JPG
    102_6156.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 102_6157.JPG
    102_6157.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 102_6158.JPG
    102_6158.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 122
I built the Monogram Chow Hound back in the '70s when I was a kid. I'm planning on building a 1/48th scale B-17G again one day. I've always thought I'd make a cut away or use the version with the clear fuselage half since hiding all that interior detail would be such a shame. I'm also planning on making it an in flight build, which means fitting figures into the thing. Can imagine what this would involve for the ball turret?

What are your plans for restoring with the raised panel lines after sanding the seams? gluing on little pieces of streched sprue, perhaps? I'm asking because the Monogram P-61 is next on my build schedule and as we all know this mold dates to 1974 and so has raised lines.

Hi Ed,

To be honest, I really have no clue what I'll do! I think some other will shed some more light on it!

Thanks Dirk! I saw a few photos in books and since it will be seen through the nose thought it'd be kind cool :D

I talked to airframes and he said some were covered and other were taken out :D

H man, I am going to have to get lessons from you. Rope and a cover, nice.

DBII

Nice work H, glad the foil worked out so well. It's easily seen your skills are improving too!
For the rope for the walkways, either use the wire you mentioned, or stretched sprue. Or, if you have any, some red sewing thread (cotton), which should be just about right in this scale. Fix it in place with a small spot of CA at each end, allowing it to sag slightly in the middle, then, when it's set, give it a quick coat of clear varnish. This will stop the tiny fibres from rising after time and spoiling the effect.
If you use the wire ot whatever, paint it red when set. The rope handrails were normally, but not always, painted or dyed red.

Dam T thanks for the ideas! Will figure it out soon.

There was a clear parts eff up in the nose.... two of them got a bit of glue on it :rolleyes: but oh well.

Also, had brownings added in the nose! Yes!

Hopefully by the end of the week... bomb racks and all will be done.

Gently sand the glue off the clear parts H, then polish with either toothpaste o better, if you have some, 'T-Cut', which is a car body colour restorer (might have a different name in the US). Wash the parts afterwards, then give them a coat of Future. They should be like new - in fact better than new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back