Revell 1/48 B-17G "Chow Hound" Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well the toothpaste thing worked, sorta. I think it's my error about not getting all glue off.

I have try to finish quickly today since I have a Midterm in Spanish tomorrow. :evil:

But, in highschool I'm taking German and start on a new clean slate..

ANYWAYS.

I should paint catwalk ropes and toothpaste on windows.

Pics later.

During my 30 min break from studying.... decided to take pics.

Ok before you look. One window on the left the very back is still a little foggy. Will take it out and do toothpaste thing since it worked a charm on the other window. The .50's added in the nose. Bomb rack painted and the bombs painted.

Heheheh and then my messy workbench.

Attachments

• 102_6163.JPG
    102_6163.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 102_6164.JPG
    102_6164.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 102_6165.JPG
    102_6165.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 102_6166.JPG
    102_6166.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 102_6167.JPG
    102_6167.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 102_6168.JPG
    102_6168.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 112
Everything is dry fitted nicely. Still need to finish bombay, bombs, and catwalk. I found the red sewing thread for 'railing' since Terry informed me that they were dyed red.

Yea I realized that shortly after but it looks OK now. Thanks!

And thanks for the good luck..... heheh with Spanish i'm livin' on a prayer with that.

Ok bomb rack didn't hold together so now she is getting glued again. Glued radio compartment into fuselage. Will add bomb rack and cockpit tonight.

Then see what else there is to add and finally.... maybe by Saturday dry fit.

Added cockpit to the plane. Still two windows tried the thing again with toothpaste and they are in future. Added radio room. Once catwalk is in I can close her once I dry fit.

Did you lightly sand the windows first H? You need to get the glue off by sanding - the toothpasre, or better, the 'T-Cut', is to polish out the scratches, and the Future is to give it a shine. You won't remove the glue with toothpaste alone, although if it's only smears of glue, 'T-Cut' might get it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back