Revell Monogram B-24 J Liberator 1:48 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff, I'm in the front row and I'm enjoying your excellent work.
Taking notes and learning (those details!). :shock:

Already I have a B-17 in my cellar Waiting turn, but there is much to practice yet. :rolleyes:

Many of your techniques, I can implement.

Greetings AMIGO and waiting for the next class !!

Bit of bad news.

I am boxing up the 24 for a bit. I currently am scheduled for a cortisone shot in my right hand. For the past little bit I have not been able to bend my right hand ring finger and to a lesser degree the thumb on the same hand. This makes it very difficult to do fine motor skill stuff. Doc says to try to avoid it and to keep the digits splinted as much as possible to rest the swollen joints. I believe these problems are a result of old hockey and work related trauma to my hand but regardless of the cause, resting the joints and cortisone are called for.

I will be taking the month of October " away from the workbench" in an attempt to clear up the issue. If cortisone does not work next on the treatment list of options is surgery.

I want to return for the next group build which starts November 01st.

Cheers,

Jeff

ps. I did get the other wing done before shutting it down.

Super work there Jeff, I have two B-24's in the 1/48 stash (D and J), two more int h 72 stash (2 D's) and one i believe in a 144.

Sorry to hear this Jeff, and I can certainly understand. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, which seriously affects hands, wrists, knees and ankles, often preventing delicate work, due to extreme stiffness and pain.
At the moment, I have a problem with a vertbrae in my neck, which causes acute pain in the right shoulder, and transfers this to both biceps and hands, mainly the right side, making it impossible to do many simple tasks, modelling being a definite No No.
I hope the injection works (they didn't for me), an d that you can avoid surgery, which also failed for me.

I'm somewhat late to this forum but very interested in the 48-207 decal sheet from Monogram since one of the planes my Dad flew (only once) was the Gypsy Queen. I've been trying to track down that sheet and am curious - Jeff, where did you find it?

I'm somewhat late to this forum but very interested in the 48-207 decal sheet from Monogram since one of the planes my Dad flew (only once) was the Gypsy Queen. I've been trying to track down that sheet and am curious - Jeff, where did you find it?

This after market sheet was bought at Aviation World in Toronto. I am not sure if it is out of production or not so it may take some searching. I got my set some months ago now but at the time they had three or four more sets in stock. You could contact them and have them take a peak.

If it is just the Gypsy Queen stuff you need, send me an e mail with your mailing address and I will send you that.

Good luck.

Jeff

Last edited:
Hi Jeff, you hope you are well, and the recovery process is giving the expected results. :director2:
It misses you in action, but first is health and I sincerely hope you're better. :thumbup:

A big hug and happy holidays. :x-mas:

Con cariño.
Luis Carlos
SANCER

Hi Jeff, you hope you are well, and the recovery process is giving the expected results. :director2:
It misses you in action, but first is health and I sincerely hope you're better. :thumbup:

A big hug and happy holidays. :x-mas:

Con cariño.
Luis Carlos
SANCER

Many thanks my friend. The treatment went well and I would say the hand is 90% and still improving as long as I continue to splint the finger when able. I have been back to the modelling table with a couple of efforts in the latest group build so the 24 sits win the box but she has company as I also have a Tamiya 1/48 Lanc started and boxed and I still have that problematic B-26 sitting in the box as well. Typical guy I suppose....too many projects started, not enough finished.

Winter is a long season here so hopefully I will get at one or more of the partials soon.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Jeff

Good to know the treatment worked Jeff, and I hope you have a full recovery.
If you need any help with the Lanc, let me know, as I've listed the required corrections, and have started work on some. Also, the B-26 - what's the problem with that one?
I built the Revell/Monogram kit some time ago, and only recall a poor fit around the engine cowlings, so if you need help, just shout.

I somehow missed this thread -not enough time to spend on the Forum lately- but have now caught up on it. Your doing a great job there Jeff. I hope your hand continues to improve so you can get back to it. I can't wait to see the nose mods done to the old Monogram kit.

Okay lads, with the demise of the 262 I was looking through the stash and saw the 24 box sitting there and I am sure I heard her calling out my name. I slid it off the shelf and I knew I had to open her up and when I did I was smitten with all that silver coloured plastic and I knew right then that she was heading back to the work bench.

I have two days of work left at the school before summer break so I can hopefully get some major WB time to work not only on this but perhaps another jet.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:
A spectacularly craptacular day here weather wise so I spent a good deal of it at the work bench plugging away at the B-24. The majority of the time was spent working on the wings. A dry fit of the wings to the fuselage showed a real nice fit with no gaps so it makes sense to me to completely build and paint the wings separate from the fuselage. Makes it easier to work on both for both painting and applying decals. Anyhow, the engines were attached and required a bit of filling as the gaps were very noticeable. The upper surfaces have been painted and the national marking applied to the port wing after a coat of Future. Going to let the decal sit for a couple of days before sealing it in with more Future. Once that has been done I will flip the wings over and work away on the bottom.

The nose turret has been completed and the rear turret has been painted but I still need to paint the guns for it before assembling same.

Thats it for now.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back