Sad Time for My Family...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry guys. With my brother and father-in-law passng, it slipped past me about the card. So, so sorry.

Imalko, I hope your father gets some rest and finds strength to feel better. You are in my prayers.

Thank you for your kind wishes and prayers friends. That mean a lot to us.
Chris, it's all right about the card. It's understandable and we don't mind.

No news is a good news to some extent Jan (that is why I wasn't posting here lately)... Overall his better now as he recovered from his cold. Currently he has a pause in chemotherapy so he took advantage of this break and traveled to Slovakia to spend some time with his daughter and grandchildren. He has another full medical checkup at the end of this month, so we'll see how it'll go from there.

Well mates, haven't been posting here for months now and sorry to say things are not looking so good...

During this time my father had long two month pause in chemotherapy (February-March). In the meantime he was recommended for some kind of biological therapy (if I understood correctly). However, this new treatment depends of one's genetics and he proved incompatible so he didn't receive it. Instead he started another set of six cycles of chemo and he's half way through it at this time.

Whenever we went to the hospital, doctors kept repeating the same thing they said after his last checkup in late February - tumor has reduced in size for 30%, the therapy was deemed partially successful but further treatment is needed (which he's receiving right now). However, he is constantly getting worse (especially in the last month or so) suffering from coughing, throwing up, high body temperature, lack of appetite and constant fatigue. Last Sunday was especially hard day for us as my dad had epileptic seizure caused by high body temperature. No one was near him at that moment so he fell and broke his head. As this happened for the first time it was terrifying experience for my mom and me too.

This latest development prompted another full medical check up at the hospital for which we are still waiting results. We might know more on Monday.

To be honest I'm really afraid of what might come next... :cry:

Sad to hear this Igor. I can now say I know the feeling since last week my grandpa had a heart attack, things looked bleak for him but he pulled through and I'm sure your dad can too. I'll be thinking of him.

Chemo is the toughest thing I've ever done and I got away lightly no vomiting but I had the rest , was unable to walk more then 50-60 meters without resting , fainting and constant fatigue hopefully it will pass along with the effects of chemo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back