Sad Time for My Family...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry to hear this latest news Igor. As Hugh and Neil said, the symptoms are typical side effects if the chemo, and should pass. Keeping you all in my thoughts, and wishing your Dad good luck with the treatment.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, chemo is a dreadful business and its hard to watch people you love suffer.
With our best wishes for your family.
Regards
John

Thank you kindly for your words my friends. It means a lot to us. My dad is coping with chemo for over a year and a half now, but it was never this bad. Early on he didn't suffer with all these side effects, at least not this badly. I know there are different kinds of chemo and what he is receiving now is according to different protocol then his first cycles in the winter of 2009-2010. For example as a side effect he was experiencing hair loss at that time (which grew back afterwards), but not now. We can only hope that therapy will be helpful and that all these terrible side effects will cease after his cycles end...

So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine to lung cancer in sept. 2008, one year after his diagnosis. The doctors could never find the tumor and he didn't respond to chemo at all. If they know where the cancer is and he is responding to chemo then he has a solid fighting chance. You are already doing the best thing outside of the hospital you can do. Family, friends and prayer can work miracles. NEVER give up the fight, NEVER give up hope and cherish every moment you have together. God be with you and your family during your struggle.

Oh Igor, this is indeed sad news. You Dad, you and your family are in our thought my friend and my fingers are crossed for you all.

Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts. Update regarding my father... They discontinued his chemo as it was not working and the tumor had actually enlarged again. So what he was experiencing lately weren't mere side effects of the therapy but the sign that it wasn't working. He feels better now (no vomiting, etc) as they gave him blood transfusion and vitamins. Monday morning he's due to check in for new treatment (chemo again but according to different protocol), so we'll see how it'll go from there. He is disenchanted though as he was hoping that chemo will eliminate the tumor altogether which isn't going to happen unfortunately. If successful, therapy can only stop the tumor from spreading and keep it in check. We knew this from the beginning though, right after his surgery when the surgeon said as much, but, you know, always hoping against hope. Trying to lift his spirits now... :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back