Sad Time for My Family...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Don't know how exactly to begin... I've kept this for myself so far, but I just cannot do that any more. :( They say it's little easier when you share your pain and concern with understanding and compassionate soul(s)...

My father was few weeks ago diagnosticied with colorectal cancer, more precisely with colon cancer. Preliminary tests showed some damage on the liver too. He had health problems for years now, but doctors always connected those with something else. Only recently he underwent serious tests and was given this diagnosis. He had surgery yesterday and today me and my mother were called to the conversation with chief surgeon and news weren't good. Colon cancer was removed during surgery without major problems, but the extent of the damage on the liver is far worse then anticipated. Cancer invaded the liver to the extent when it's inoperable. Only option remaining is intensive cytostatic chemoteraphy, bur doctor refused to give us any long term prognosis.

Don't have to tell you how shocked we were at the news like this. My mother took it very hard and I myself am since depressed and sad all day long. We recently lost our grandfather (he passed away in April at the age 91), but my father is only 59 and its just not fair. We are not prepared for something like this... :(

Thoughts and prayers from good people on this forum would mean a lot to me and my family at this moment...

Last edited:
Man that's terrible. I wish you all the strength you can get and hope things will improve. Remember, he's not dead yet and there's still hope. Give my best to your parents.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear the bad news, at least the colon surgery was successful. Perhaps the Doctors may come up with a good option regarding the liver.

Your father and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thats real sad to here about your dad
I wish you and your family all the strength to deal with this bad news
take care
piet

Marcel said it well, Igor. Personally, I've lost both grandfathers to cancer, but I've also known people who've beaten it...
Let your dad know how much you all love him, and try to keep him as positive as possible. My prayers are with you all.

Igor I'm very sorry to hear this.Llike the guys have said you and your family are in my thoughts. My best wishes and luck for your father.

Really soryy to hear of this news, the battles not over and it wont' be easy but there's a chance and thats what you can hope for. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Crap. I know exactly how y'all're feeling right now, bro. Hang tight, stay strong, and remember, doctors have been known to be wrong! Our prayers go out to him, and to you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back