Saving Private Ryan - Tank Busters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Les, forget about Soren. That guy only listen to himself. I know what I mean, I had a chat with him in the "Is Spitfire the BEST British fighter" thread. We (RG_Lunatic, DerAlder and I (I got a very small place in the chat)) had a hard time to convince him that the Spifire was not that crappy thing that he thought. In fact, I suspect that Soren and DJ_Dalton are the same guy.

But anyway, what I mean is : "Don't mind him." He thinks he's hot, that's all.

In case u havent happen to notice, I served with distinction in the Special Warfare community.... Hence the Avatar to ur left..... Alittle breakdown of ur very calm, intelligent post........

Oh so I see, i guess something went terribly wrong with your disciplinary training then ?!

My dad, two of my uncle's all served in the army, and one of them in the special forces. However none of them are as aggressive or disrespectful to other individuals as you primus ! hows that ?

No, I don't......

Something definitely went wrong with your training ! Or your just steaming off cause you had a rough day with your peers screaming down your face. ? :dontknow:

Sure I will, not that it matters....

No you won't primus, atleast not from the ones you insult without reason.

I guess I should change my attitude and posting style that I've had for the last 10 months just for special little ol' u......

Not at all, aggressiveness can be a good thing, but your abusing yours primus !

Heres a clue Pal.... I get along with everyone here except for a couple turds in the bowl........ New turds I might add....... Ive been away awhile, and u missed my apparent uniqueness here........ Ur getting a pretty swift introduction......

Your lack of respect is astounding primus.

Heres something pretty simple for u to understand...... Ur a noob here and u dont just come here with ur dicka swingin and try to just insult and combat the long standing members here.... U earn ur place, just like in ur precious little Army........

You know what, judging by those comments i would doubt you ever served ! And if you did, well sorry if this sounds rough, but god bless i didnt serve with you then !

Sure in the army you earn your place, but this is a "Public" forum buddy ;)

"I think U've been cheated...... The best part of u ran down the crack of ur Momma'a ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress......"
-Full Metal Jacket

Keep the insults going primus if it really amuzes you that much, but don't expect getting anything out of it.

I live for confrontations, and u and a few others make my day..... However, there are, of course, other alternatives for u to excercise......... One is to conform and be respectful of others opinions, as they are 2 urs...... Then theres the other way........ My favorite way......

Your favorite way is confrontations ? Poor you primus, poor you.

Remember, again as a reminder, that I dont have problems with any of the other members here, (well....most of em hehe) and get along quite nicely if I do say so myself...

Well I've been respectful for you and your opinion from the start primus, and I havent once tried to insult you. So what exactly did I do wrong ?

So maybe, just maybe, the problem isnt with me..........

Hmmmmmmmmm...

So what your basicly trying to say here is that by me having another opinion than you, im the one thats causing the problem ? primus you really need to get out abit !

In any case being the man that I am, i hold no grudge after silly arguements like these, so you aint on my hated-list yet primus. :thumbup:

Les, forget about Soren. That guy only listen to himself. I know what I mean, I had a chat with him in the "Is Spitfire the BEST British fighter" thread. We (RG_Lunatic, DerAlder and I (I got a very small place in the chat)) had a hard time to convince him that the Spifire was not that crappy thing that he thought.

Meastro actually what i said in that thread, and many others, is that the Spit XIV was THE best Allied fighter of WW2, having only one Axis equal ! ;)

In fact, I suspect that Soren and DJ_Dalton are the same guy.

I think a quick comparison of our IP addresses will make you dump that idea ! ;)

But anyway, what I mean is : "Don't mind him." He thinks he's hot, that's all.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

See.... I dont even have to read ur comments to know that I got under ur skin, which was my intention....... To think that u actually wasted a whole 10 minutes of ur time on this is hilarious......

Thanks.....

And BTW, if u think for a second that I instigated anything with u, u definatly need to stop smokin the shiit ur sellin....... U had this comin a long time ago........ I just aint been here to pinch u off..........

See.... I dont even have to read ur comments to know that I got under ur skin, which was my intention....... To think that u actually wasted a whole 10 minutes of ur time on this is hilarious......

Thanks.....

primus i didnt use 10 minutes of my time on this at all, im just tending to other things aswell at the moment.

And BTW, if u think for a second that I instigated anything with u, u definatly need to stop smokin the shiit ur sellin....... U had this comin a long time ago........ I just aint been here to pinch u off..........

I have no clue what your babbling about primus :?: How have I had 'what' coming for a long time ? Your insults ? And why ?

Call me when ur balls drop.......

I take it your dog won't let you lick his anymore? :lol:

Personnally, I doubt YOU ever served, Soren. Except may be in an army of idiots led by cowards. You don't talk like a guy who served and I know what I mean. At best, you may have served as a Blue Helmet... or as I call them : "piss-keepers".

No you don't know what you mean then Meastro, you definitely don't !

It takes man to respect others 'and' yourself, to admit your mistakes, to tell the truth, to be thoughtful of others, etc etc.. and without these qualities your shit out of luck in the military ! ( In the long run at least )

In the military you learn to co-operate with the meanest of bastards, and to look beyond personal differences, cause in the military the goal is to be a team ! And I don't think I need to tell any soldier in here what happens if you get into a fistfight with a fellow soldier. ;)

In the end you basically learn to get along with almost everyone.

My godfather and his two brothers all served in the French Airborne in the 60s-70s. My godfather himself fought in the War of Algeria. They all have a "crappy attitude", as you call it, like Les... May be a little less direct, but anyway...

No'one with a crappy attitude in my family, that includes me and all others who serves and have served in the army, express themselves so aggressively ! Why would they ?

My dad served from '41 through '45 in the Army. He came home a Technical Sergeant (E-2) and was in five battles and the Invasion of Normandy.

He was a gentle man aka a gentlemen.

I see now that both of you are basing your argument on the case of one rounds penertration, I think you need to learn a little engineering.

I'll leave the rest of this out of it. Personally, I never had a chance to serve in the military (hearing problems on my left ear, the bastard). However, my grandad served in the army from 1939 - 1946 and my dad served in the RAF from 1970 to 1994 so I have a BETTER understanding than most civvies of military personel...still a keyboard pussy though, eh, les? Don't answer that, I know it's going to be a yes. :lol:

Plan_D,

You have already made it abundantly clear that you don't understand the relationship between velocity and energy or the terminal behavior of ballistics in general.

Please read my post again. Even a 30% loss of velocity (it would be more) will result in a 45% loss of energy (assuming the projectile retains 100% of it's mass after the strike to the ground) and the round will be deformed and not strike perpendicular to its concentric axis (because it no longer has one) resulting in a hit that concentrates the sectional density over a much larger area. The armor piercing tip of the round, due the the loss of rotational stability in relation to the flight path, will not be the small point upon which the mass and velocity will concentrate energy.

The implication (which I thought was quite clear) of my argument is that ten such hits in a one square meter area will not breach the armor. At 400 yards, a perfectly square hit of an armor piercing round from a 20mm Hispano II will not even penetrate 25mm of armor plate.

I think we're going to have to chalk this one up to agreeing to disagree.

You have made it clear you don't understand engineering or structural weakness caused by a breach or dent in structure.

The penertration values of rounds is record by the amount of splinters inside the armour. In German value system it is 50% while in the Soviet system it was 75%. I doubt very much that the Allied system was 100% of splinters.

A square hit from a Hispano Mk.II at 400 yards probably would cause a hole but it would not fully penertrate to be classed, in military values, as penertration.
Even so, the structure of that area has weakened considerably. Another one or two hits to the same region, would cause even more damage and the armour would be on the brink of collapse if it hadn't already done so.

When those 10 rounds (I was making clear it was only one pass that 10 rounds would be hitting and I also stated they'd be more than one pass required) strike the area, they will not just scratch the surface. The angle of the round striking will vary, it may well strike at a perfect 0 degree angle.
The armour that is being hit is weakening with every hit. Eventually the structure will fail.

It's obvious though that we're going to be repeating the same argument, time and time again. So, yes, we'll just have to leave it here.

DAVIDICUS said:
Those (probably all of you) who have seen Saving Private Ryan will recall that at the end, a German Tiger is bearing down on Tom Hanks character when suddenly, the tank is destroyed by a P-51. Matt Danon's character exclaims, "They're tank busters, P-51's" or something to that effect.

P-51's as tank busters?
I know I was thinking the same. P-47 s? typhoons? hello? :rolleyes:

You know something? After reading this lot I feel like that piece of metal.

Anyway - this is how it is, and always will be here. One thing I learnt in the army was 'If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.'

None of the staff and major posters are really concerned about the finer points of nettiquette, and thats how we like it.

You're acting as if all this exists in the real world - it doesn't.

I am not bothered by any lack of "nettiquette" here as I can dish it out with the best of them but I'm not sure what you mean by, " You're acting as if all this exists in the real world - it doesn't."

Do the communications we transmit across the internet not exist in the real world? How about our voice communications transmitted via telephone lines or by satellite?

I suspect this same point was once made in reference to communications transmitted by written letter over sea and/or land.

How about communications by smoke signals? Did they take place in the real world?

I don't fault Soren for expecting civility and polite exchange on this forum. I generally go out of my way to come across as polite even though its in my nature to rip people new a-holes. After all, that's why I am in the profession that I am. In fact, I'm preparing right now to rip someone a new one tomorrow morning at a deposition - and then I'll rub his counsel's face in it.

At any rate, that garbage about not being in the real world is f-cking rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back