Some of my artwork

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been awhile, have a new one. . .
spitfire-Parked_Final_zps4txth1po.jpg

Nice work. One point re the B-25 pic though - the USAAF didn't operate the B-25 in the northern ETO, so they wouldn't be displaying AEAF stripes.

Nice work. One point re the B-25 pic though - the USAAF didn't operate the B-25 in the northern ETO, so they wouldn't be displaying AEAF stripes.

yeah, someone else pointed that out to me on a different website. I either have to remove the stripes or change the decals from american to british.

No problem. The RAF, including a Squadron from the Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service, operated the Mitchell II (B-25 C/D) and Mitchell III (B-25J), which carried Dull Red squadron codes, the individual code letter being on the nose, beneath the cockpit, the other two being forward of the roundel on the rear fuselage. I can post the list of codes, and a sample pic if that will help.
However, the Mitchell III (B-25J) didn't start to enter service with RAF units until September 1944, based at Melsbroek, Brussels, Belgium, when the stripes were not normally carried, or, in the few cases they were displayed on these new aircraft, they were on the lower fuselage only.
Might be easier to remove the stripes, and have it as a 'generic' picture, which could be southern ETO out of Italy (although they were mainly natural metal) or PTO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back