Someones been cheating... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree where ur coming from Deralder unfortunately it don,t always pan out. A mate of mine(who's 60) has done 45years on the job only ever had 5 days sick and because he bollocked a 21 year old half a dozen times for failing to carry out his duties this kid has been off for six months claiming(get this) stress.
So their threatening of giving my mate the bullet and he'll loose a big junk of his pension. I work with a fella who's just come back from a 9 month tour as a foot slogger with the TA in the Gulf and you should of heard him go he really lost his rag (worse than I did) and I don't blame him.

Evan
They thought that the first World War would be over by Christmas because of the modern technology of the time, the second one was even longer. I'm not so sure another world war wouldn't go on for longer than that (unless you are including nuclear arms of course) and personally I wouldn't like to put it to the test .

evangilder said:
Perhaps you are right Trackend, I was just thinking with missile technology and nuclear weapons, it would probably be over pretty quickly. But you never know. I certainly don't want to test it either.

I think one thing is for sure. If another world war breaks out, it will be one of two scenerios.
1. A Large scale war involving Asia (China, North Korea) and involving the Middle East (Iran). This one has the greatest possibility of ending in a Nuclear Snow shower. This scenerio I think could end pretty quickly with WMD's.

2. A very long drawn out war involving the Middle East and very similer to what we are witnessing today in Iraq. If this takes place I see the Middle East being devided among themselves and gorrilla fighting dominating the war. This scenerio I think would last the longest lasting many many years.

i think the growing Chinese economy may prevent scenario 1 but I think you could be dead right about 2 Deradler even when major players get involved the Brits tried to to sort out the Afgans for years in the Khyber pass area and the Arab nations 1914-18 and they still ended up fighting tribe against tribe

That is pretty much were I would be coming from with the Asia scenerio. Taiwan is a really big hotspot. I think the way it would pan out is China invading Taiwan because they think they rightfully own it. The USA, The United Kingdom (notice I said the UK, not to forget about our Aussie and Canadian friends, many people do) would ofcourse rush to the defence as we have pledged to do. North Korea would see this as an opertunity to move into South Korea do to the fact that we are focused on China. In turn with all this fighting going on I see several middle eastern nations seeing the opurtunity to move into Isreal. Hense we have a World War which has the possibility of breaking out into a Nuclear Holocaust.

With the Middle Eastern Scenerio, I pretty much see Isreal and Syria along with Iran getting into a war with another. Other nations like Saudi Arabia, Iraq will be divided and fall into chaos. Insurgents springing up everywhere, The Kingdom of Saudia Arabia falling in civil war, Iraq pretty much the same and the whole region falling into chaos. The Nato nations then enter the war to stop them all and ofcourse get involved in brutal gorrilla combat for years. This one has the potential to last a very long time and also end in Nuclear Holocaust also.

well i hope your wrong Adler. do you think the economic pressure that the western powers could put on china as nearly all her exports head this way will put a break on the idea of taking Tiawan?.
Watch it tosh im from Essex (but im still quite nice) :oops:

The following is a public service announcement, brought to you by me: (Just to be picky ;) )

FYI: Australia and Canada are not part of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland). They are part of the British Commonwealth, which also includes New Zealand, India, and a host of other nations.

Thank you. We return you to your regularly scheduled posting. :)

:lol:

Nonskimmer said:
The following is a public service announcement, brought to you by me: (Just to be picky ;) )

FYI: Australia and Canada are not part of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland). They are part of the British Commonwealth, which also includes New Zealand, India, and a host of other nations.

Thank you. We return you to your regularly scheduled posting. :)

:lol:

Stupid me! :( I know that, I dont know why I put United Kingdom, I guess I was ahead of myself and just wrote what came to my head first. Sorry there Aussies and Kanucks and New Zealanders and every other nation in the Commonwealth.

As for the detering of China. I think it can be done for only a period of time and then eventually they will just lash out.

well said mr skimmer i should know because i've tried to walk to victoria and my socks got wet just west of lands end so I caught a plane instead but I could have got there quicker if I'd walked. Air Canada was on strike. Stansted too Vancouver 25 hours then 4 more hours for the island hopper to take off. Boy was I Knackered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back