Someones been cheating...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:lol: Hey, I don't really take that stuff too seriously, I was just pointing it out. Sorry if I appeared too touchy.

Anyway, I hope you have an uneventful trip home Adler. Best of luck, man! :thumbleft: Hope to hear from you again soon!

That's debatable... ;) In fact, I'll start a thread on that right.......now.

I think Japan and N. Korea are going to have a brawl sooner or later. It came pretty damn close a month or so ago when Japan detected a Sub in their sea space and blamed N. Korea..plus a collection of other things...

How will they deliver it?

Archaic Soviet SAM launchers?

If it's actually Korean, the chances of them launching it and having it work are debatable...

My two pence...

They wouldn't have to get it very far, relatively speaking. I doubt they'd go for a target in South Korea, because obviously it's just too close. The likely place would be Japan, and they might be just nuts enough to go for it.

As for how, they'd probably launch it from an aircraft. Or try to, anyway.

It would be stopped either way...

Japan has restrictions to allow for only a defensive air force (and army, I believe) but not only would the F-15s catch the missle, the U.S. would be there on the spot...

That would be a war I'd support...

Nuclear is a big no-no.

My question is this... How do detect this fully armed nuke, intercept it, and shoot it down without having it explode? If it did explode before it reached Japan, what would the consequences be?

I'm sure the tactics and tech are available to do this, but I'm curious as to how it would be done

If the North Koreans did things right, they would fly it over South Korea, and across the narrowest stretch of water from the peninsula to Japan. Would we resort to detonating it over South Korea?

You can actually explode a Nuclear Bomb without making it a nuclear explosion. It takes more than heat to make it explode, how it should.

lesofprimus said:
I think that situation could go nuclear very quickly... The Koreans are just itchin to plop a small Nuke into someones Wheaties...

You are very correct. You have to account the fact that, North Korea is pretty much backed into a corner. What does a dog do when backed into a corner? It bites! N. Korea could easily reach as far as Japan with its current nukes. Farther than that is questionable. Still if N. Korea were to nuke Japan or S. Korea, what would the US do? It would retaliate and nuke N. Korea into the next Ice Age. It really is more volotile and a powder keg than most people think. I just hope that the damn guy dies before it becomes too crazy and the N. realizes how shitty they have it and stand up against there own government.

Bush needs to put a Moonraker assassin lazor [sic] into space, with which we can snipe out Kim Jong Il, Castro, and all those pouty African and Arabian warlords...

Oh, and Usama, if he ever sticks his head above ground again...

Damn dictators, they should know by now - there's no way they can escape being put down; it's an inevitability, the only variable being how long it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back