Tex Hill dies at 92

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
It's a sad day in the annals of aviation history.

So long, Tex. Blues skies and tail winds.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.

I just bought of a replica of his P-40.

(Admin, if the logo in the pic violates anything, please remove the image)

Attachments

• badcattoys_1972_18296283.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 167
I was looking forward to meeting Tex at the Gathering of Mustangs Legends a couple weeks ago, but he didn't make it due to illness.
Rest in Peace Mr. Hill.

Very sad news indead, I had the pleasure of listening to him speak for the last couple of years at the EAA. He will truely be missed.

This is sad news indeed. Spoke with him on the phone earlier in the summer. Wanted to know his view on the role played by pre-war US Navy gunnery training on the success of the AVG. Gracious as ever, Tex described how the "ring" in AVG's first reflector gun sights were etched by hand ...

Felt a little corny then, but I am glad I said it to him ... a simple "thank you" for what he did for my people. Those of you who know a WWII veteran, make it a point to say "thank you" while they are still here to appreciate it.

窮天下力,复此金湯
苦哉將士、來者勿忘

Forget not the Warrior, all ye who pass by ...

We certainly will not forget you Tex.

You came and risked your life to help us when we were in desperate straits. All you needed to know was that we were the victims, brutalized by invaders - we, who were strangers of a different culture and language ...

We will remember and we will tell our children.

Users who are viewing this thread