The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That would be my thinking also Terry and I'm I've seen a couple of options in the market place and there is certainly a number of articles covering conversions. I also though the idea of Hack Aircraft was good and could be added to the "Nose Art" GB.

Your thoughts please Guys.

My understanding of this build is; If it was designed to, or ever did, launch/land on a water-borne craft it would qualify. Therefore, a PBY would not, but a B-25 would.
Yes?

Basically correct Paul. I see the 'Carrier' GB as an ideal time to build and show carrier/ship borne aircraft, with such a vast selection to choose from (borne out by the variety in the GB so far), and a pleasant break from the endless procession of the same types, in different 'packages' in some of the GBs to date. Nothing wrong with Bf109s, FW-190s, P-51s and P-47s, Spitfires and so on, but it does get repetitive when the same 'favourites' keep appearing.
With many of the GBs listed as future 'events', there should be a wide variety of as yet unseen types emerging, and I'm personally happy that there are so many different types in the 'Carrier' GB so far - I expected loads of Corsairs and similar types already seen in other GBs - and there are still many, many more to choose from, without duplicating those already represented. In the Royal navy alone, I can think of 12 types off the top of my head which served post WW2 - multiply that by other carrier-equipped navies, and we're looking at, potentially, over 40 or 50 different types even just for post WW2 !!

I'm warming to the idea of Between the Wars GB, #16 changed from WWI. There were so many development AC, like the Supermarine S.6B racing float plane, even the Southern Cross tri motor, both in 1/72nd. Took me a few days of hunting to find something just a bit different, but still lookin.

I thought there would have been more F4U's in the Favorite, now they show up in carrier, go figure. But the Current #14, and #15 carrier are giving me reason to build my HS-4 whipper snippers. Lookin forward to #21 PTO!

#21 will be a Wake Island F4F little dio as after the the battle.

Annie says I can build another cabinet if I need to. But this one will be just big enough for two 1/48ths side by side, closer shelf spacing but just the same height....... lucky me!

That sounds like a winner, think I'll do a pair of F-4-F's for it, One in prewar and one on the Lexington. How many years to that one?
I got glass shelves in mine, you can stack them closer if needed.

for GB-16, almost certainly makes the Vultee V1a of the LAPE (Spanish Postal Airlines), the Spanish Republic

Can we still keep it ww1 to 1939? Since I had planed to do Baracca's Nieuport and these last minute proposed changes ruin that idea :S Please :) I can't wait till 2017 to do the WW1 only build, that would suck then :( I would pick out something for that too, but seriously I'd have to do a Russian Nieuport or something un-called for if it was changed to between the wars. Plus its so close anyway whats the harm of keeping WW1 as well, I'm probobly the only person doing a WW1 plane anywho :D hehe which might be the problem :S *sigh* :)

I will also not be able to show you guys my wood technique :( nooooo :O I promise to finish this one :D hehe in time :D

Last edited:
Now here is a question for GB 16....if your subject aircraft fits the 1918-1939 criteria but was used beyond the time frame specified can it be done in those markings and camo or is it strictly between the dates...?

My question is based on the K5Y1 Willow trainer which made it's first flight in 1933 and entered service in 1934 but was still being used up to 1945. The subject aircraft i wish to do dates to 1945.

the Swordfish also fits a similar time period too....1936 to 45 probably most famous for it's attack on Bismarck in 1941.

I am not one of the judging powers, but I would say both aircraft qualify. The point is, they were in service for the designated period, 1918-1939.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back