Trumpeter 1/24 BF109g-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

prem895

Staff Sergeant
Oct 7, 2012
Toronto/Beijing
I am about to embark on what I think will be a long journey. I hope that I have not bitten of more than I can chew.I have never built a 1/24 scale before,but I am exited about doing this. I have already started the engine(pics to follow tonight) Any advice and tips would be appreciated. For such a large scale I will need to pick-up an airbrush tip,but the ball and chain is a little peaved at all the kits and stuff that I have already spent a small fortune on. The good news is that I am going to take this kit slow and try not to mess it up.I figure that it will take me a couple of months before I am at the exterior paint stage,giving me enough time to gather the cash for a compressor,tank,good brush and regulator with moisture catch. I am going to try to do this OOB, but if you guys know of any good aftermarket stuff that is not too pricey and not to hard to build,I am totally on board with this.PE,pit, engine or exterior stuff is of interest. I brought back 4 Trump kits from China 3 1/24's this one a Spit v Trop and a Hurricane ii. The other is a 1/32 Dauntless 3/5. To get them back I had to discard the boxes(too late now but I could have unfolded then and put them back together again. Next time). Wish me luck,I hope this is not a suicide mission. I used a pic I got online of the box

Attachments

• bf109 g 2.jpg
    bf109 g 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Here is the engine in it's early stages. I took apart an old electric motor for the copper windings. I think I will try to use it for spark plug leads and cockpit wiring(if I have the talent) It seems to be the right gauge
I used Revell 32302 black silk matt for the block and Hu 27004 gunmetal metalcote for the gun

Attachments

• me 109 001.JPG
    me 109 001.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 205
  • me 109 002.JPG
    me 109 002.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 200
  • me 109 003.JPG
    me 109 003.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 196
  • me 109 004.JPG
    me 109 004.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
This is not a hard kit to build I built the G-6 and it was really fun.I will mention that you may want to ditch the rubber hyd for the landing gear and go with some metal ones here Scale Aircraft Conversions .That was one of the weakest point on my build.

Resist the temptation, that's how parts get lost. (Mine anyways) Looks like you got plenty of wire, get as many views of the same thing as you can before adding them. I'm sure Wotjek will help you with that.
Engine block looks great!

I usally build my kits in flight,but I was thinking of having the gear down this time. If I do I will certainly take your advice

Well I decided to ues the black rubber parts for the engine. Me thinks it is to hard to make at my skill level,but will use the copper for the pit

I will poking my head and checking it out for sure.When I did mine I went after the pit and one of the things I took an interest in was the O2 regulator and scratched built one.The valve I think if memory serves me right was 11 pieces.

Attachments

• me109_018__637_x_350_.jpg
    me109_018__637_x_350_.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 200
  • me109_024__585_x_470_.jpg
    me109_024__585_x_470_.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 204
Good start. Have not built a 1/24 scale before. I'd go crazy with all the details I would want to add because of the size, just like Kevin making the O2 valve out of 14 parts.

I glued the plug wires and had a hell of a time in doing so . Som for the other side I decided to glue the 2 together 1st then to the plug area. Me thinks this may be easier. The picture looks like I painted them silver,but it is still black.If I had painted them silver I would say what a piss poor paint job

Attachments

• me109 001.JPG
    me109 001.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 192
  • me109 002.JPG
    me109 002.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
javlin, can you post a couple of pics of your engine for reference. I did look at your start to finish thread. Awesome bird. If mine comes out 1/4 as good as yours i will be ok with that

Off to a roaring start and looking good, BUT please take it slow just so an old fa*t like me can keep up with you. Would also love to do a 1/24 scale, what detail could be played with, alas though, pipe dreams…………………….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back