Udo Corde, Ju 88C-6 Zerstörer, 5K+RT, Wk. Nr. 360379 of 9.(Eis.)/KG 3...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Get it done tonight mate, I'm just about to start on the (probably) final part of the '110. Jeez, got a month to wait before I can start the PTO GB Avenger - suppose I'll have to do some finishing on other models, or more on the Hunter. Really itching to start cutting bits off the Avenger kit's parts though....

You got to stretch it out like me. It takes me 1 week and 3 days just to paint a 1 inch white stripe on a 2 inch piece of plastic.

Looking good jan!

Cheers fellas, much appreciated! Stuck between a rock and a hard place right now... Instructions shows landing gear as either RLM2 or Silver...? Will have to snoop around now to see what others have done....:oops: :lol:

Done the landing gear, which I managed to get wrong, d*mn instructions can be confusing at times. :oops: Fitted the gear into the wings and glued the lot, now it's sitting to dry. I have to say though, this bird will take some serious filling between the wings and fuselage! :(

Jan here you are a pic of Fw190A landing gear I found in the Net.I think that most of landing gears of German WW2 planes were painted similarly.You can notice that almost whole cover of an absorber was coloured with RLM02 ( "A" marking in the pic).But the main leg of it was silver actually of polished bare metal tonality ( "B" marking in the pic).Also some circled buckles were of the same colour.

Attachments

• Landing gear.JPG
    Landing gear.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 110
Hi Erich! Nope, sorry, no luck on that department I'm afraid. :( I'll be using AirDoc's decals I think though, if they're correct for the time, place and crate of Corde's C-6, 5K with a yellow outline and plane RT.
Found a pic of Ernst Fach's somewhat sad looking C-6 this 5K+AT, W.Nr 360366....quite a few kills on the tail.

Attachments

• ADM_XL_72010.jpg
    ADM_XL_72010.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Ju 88 C-6 Hptm. Ernst Fach 5K+AT, W.Nr 360366.jpg
    Ju 88 C-6 Hptm. Ernst Fach 5K+AT, W.Nr 360366.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 197
is that werke nummmer correct Jan ? wonder if the 3 should be a 5 ?

what a mess ~ and the idiots standing in front of the balkenkreuz and code.......what the heck are they thinking ???

overall it looks like a very dark green or ?

Exactly my thoughts young man....:lol: Might find more in Luftwaffe im Focus - Edition No.. 3, should be an article about him there, I just noticed.
Was he KIA on the 15th of May 1943?
Edit:
Found out more, he was KIFA, on the 15th May '43, could this be the wreckage after his fatal crash then? His crew, Ofw. Walter Schmidt and Oblt. Wolfgang Siegel also died in the crash.
9. (Eis.) / KG 3 is also mentioned with "Lützowplatz"....is that a name of a place?

Attachments

• hptm Ernst Fach.jpg
    hptm Ernst Fach.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 126
yes this is the issue we have been talking about in the thread, note the two mg 17 openings in the rear canopy. if Fachs left arm was out of the way you could also see the openings for the two forward 2cm cannon(s) in the lower gondola

Ive know Ive seen this bird before, or at least the nose emblem layout before. Classic publications may have a profile of this aircraft but I cant remember for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back