What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They just sold two brand new houses maybe 300 ft down the street from me. They are no larger than mine, are on much smaller lots with no trees, do not have screened back porches, have much smaller garages, are not corner lots as mine is and do not have a large swimming pool as mine does. They went for something like $150,000 more than the estimated value of my house.

At the neurologist this morning with the oldest and the wife gets a couple of emails about a huge Amazon charge and refunds on the debt card. Get home and had to dispute them. Makes the 5th or 6th card in 7 years that's been compromised. Didn't lose any money, but a pain. Had lots of ID theft problems over the last several years thanks to the OPM office of the Feds getting hacked due to lax security.

Speaking of contractors (see posts on private F-18's) , OPM records were not "hacked." They hired the Chinese Communists to provide IT support. And, not to be outdone, Debbie Wasserman Schultz hired some Pakistani crooks to do IT for the Democrats in Congress.
Having had it done three different times over several years, from their explanations, I'll stay with hacked. Unauthorized entry of my data file and the illicit use of it doesn't really matter semantically on the exact exposure methods. They lost control of it.

No wonder our roads are full and nobody wants to take the train.
I rode the Metro to the Pentagon each day. I found that the cost to ride it closely tracked the cost to drive, the real advantages being not having to deal with the traffic (other than the walk to the Metro station) and parking. I do not know whether thermodynamics or government employee unions were the main determining factor in the cost.

It is a tribute to government's ability to 'eff things up that the lowest cost transportation method ever devised, by rail, is so inefficient under their control.

My wife and youngest son are getting over COVID.
I'm making much slower progress post Achilles Tendon surgery. :(

Photo Collage Maker_1KAoh5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back