What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hard to beat others when they bring all cash, no inspection or repairs required offers to the table.

Related note, we just go the tax appraisal on our primary home... up another 25% this year. At this rate, tax wise, the house will have tripled in value in less than 12 years. Selling price wise, it's past triple already.

They just sold two brand new houses maybe 300 ft down the street from me. They are no larger than mine, are on much smaller lots with no trees, do not have screened back porches, have much smaller garages, are not corner lots as mine is and do not have a large swimming pool as mine does. They went for something like $150,000 more than the estimated value of my house.

We found a beautiful 2,500 square foot home on 2.5 acres of partially wooded land (I like that). 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, hot tub, two fireplaces.

We bid $65,000 over the asking price, and did not get it…

Hard to beat others when they bring all cash, no inspection or repairs required offers to the table.

Related note, we just go the tax appraisal on our primary home... up another 25% this year. At this rate, tax wise, the house will have tripled in value in less than 12 years. Selling price wise, it's past triple already.

Yeap. I actually waived any potential repairs on the house as well.

My brother and I own our grandparents home, which includes a two unit apartment building. It is corner lot and the real estate property taxes address for the property is that of the little apartment building. I am constantly receiving letters and postcards as well as few phone calls from people wanting to buy the property. I am not interested in selling the place, but have responded to a very few of those requests by calling them and asking if they know what the property is, a 2 unit apartment building and a 5 bedroom house with detached garage, and NONE of them even knew what they were offering to buy. That is kind of scary. We have real estate "professionals" wanting to buy something and they do not know what it is.

This sounds like yet another real estate balloon.

My brother and I own our grandparents home, which includes a two unit apartment building. It is corner lot and the real estate property taxes address for the property is that of the little apartment building. I am constantly receiving letters and postcards as well as few phone calls from people wanting to buy the property. I am not interested in selling the place, but have responded to a very few of those requests by calling them and asking if they know what the property is, a 2 unit apartment building and a 5 bedroom house with detached garage, and NONE of them even knew what they were offering to buy. That is kind of scary. We have real estate "professionals" wanting to buy something and they do not know what it is.

Yes, we are in a huge bubble. the United States, fueled by greed and ambitions has not learned from the last bubble. It is going to burst hard, and we are going to be in a huge recession again.

My brother-in-law is an investment banker and they are monitoring it closely. He says it is going to worse than the last one, but do not expect prices to fall. The market just reset basically, and middle class home ownership practically will tank.

Yes, we are in a huge bubble. the United States, fueled by greed and ambitions has not learned from the last bubble. It is going to burst hard, and we are going to be in a huge recession again.
Note that The Great Recession was caused by Federal Government Policy (the Community Reinvestment Act) just was the Great Depression, rather that LACK of government controls. One reason so many banks failed in the Depression was that banks were not allowed to have more than one branch office, so each was heavily dependent on local conditions. Canada had no such law and had almost no bank failures.

I'm constantly getting letters/postcards from agents offering to buy my place and their information seems to be a bit skewed, too.

They don't seem to grasp that my "detached garage" is in fact, a 1,200 sq. ft., 18 ft. high ceiling (the roll up door is 16 ft. wide, 14 1/2 ft. high) shop built originally for a logging truck, with an attached studio apartment.

My house and shop sit on 3.5 acres of wooded property just outside of city limits on county land, where the property tax is almost half that of a comparable place just inside city limits.

So their "cash up-front" offers are much lower than what this place is actually worth.

Not complaining, since I'm not interested in selling.

This is a view of my "front" yard, looking east from the south end of my house. The bulk of the property is to the right, out of picture.
The little red object near the center of the photo is my cat's grave.

20220321_163030.jpg

My brother-in-law is an investment banker and they are monitoring it closely. He says it is going to worse than the last one, but do not expect prices to fall. The market just reset basically, and middle class home ownership practically will tank.
It's not just the US. Here it's the same

My Mother in Law has been hounded by an "interested buyer" since my Father in Law passed. We finally threatened filing a restraining order against him. He had gone so far as to draw up papers for her to sign without her knowledge.

My Mother in Law has been hounded by an "interested buyer" since my Father in Law passed. We finally threatened filing a restraining order against him. He had gone so far as to draw up papers for her to sign without her knowledge.
Pair of ass hats drew document for me to sign and mailed it to me a while back. I called them and told never to send that crap again. Then I took it out and burned it. Constantly keep getting post card and phone calls from bastards wanting me to sell. I'm to the point that I want hunt them down and beat them sh!tless.

Pair of ass hats drew document for me to sign and mailed it to me a while back. I called them and told never to send that crap again. Then I took it out and burned it. Constantly keep getting post card and phone calls from bastards wanting me to sell. I'm to the point that I want hunt them down and beat them sh!tless.
Send their contact info to as many wacko sites as you can. It won't help you any but a little counter battery fire might cheer you up.

Slicing the tip of you thumb open deeply with a serrated utility knife blade, bleeding for a hour+ and the next day trying to hold small parts/screws with a cut, and sore thumb wrapped in several band-aids to keep it from splitting open again. I hate it when that happens.

There were two of them that kept sending me that Do You Want To Sell stuff, even one that asked me why I had not replied to the earlier letter. I sent them a note saying that I charged $50 to respond to such requests and that if they did not pay up I'd see them in court. That shut them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back