What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The modern day fools akin to 19th and 20th century tourists carving their names on ancient monuments all for a fleeting bit of fun. :D
I was really disappointed with humans when I visited Herculaneum - there was graffiti in the way of spray paint on the ancient sea wall and scratched names and such in the plaster on the walls of the interior of the homes and shops.

The city survived a cataclysmic eruption only to be defaced by idiots 2,000 years later...

I somehow managed to get Poison Oak in my eye...
Hope that you are seeking medical attention. As a kid I got Poison Oak dust in my eyes and they were swollen shut for days. I used to get "Oaked" when I panned for gold in the 70s and finally quit gold panning after the 4th time of getting shots and itching.

Hope that you are seeking medical attention. As a kid I got Poison Oak dust in my eyes and they were swollen shut for days. I used to get "Oaked" when I panned for gold in the 70s and finally quit gold panning after the 4th time of getting shots and itching.
Beleive it or not, I can literally roll in the stuff and it has almost no effect on me.
I've heard that my relative immunity to the Ureshiol is due to my Native American ancestry.

But I was mowing the fields on my property and I unknowingly plowed through a patch of it hidden in tall grass and the wind blew the mist into my face.

My right eye is swollen and the inner lower eyelid is nasty looking.

And as with any Poison Oak/Poison Ivy/Poison Sumac affliction, it itches like a MoFo!

When I was in Boy Scouts someone lined the latrine with poison oak!!!
When I was in Scouts, they made me trailblazer once.
I led the troop through a grove of Poison Oak and everyone but me, was miserable the next day.
So I wasn't allowed to be the trailblazer from then on (which was fine by me) :lol:

When I was in boy scouts some idiot threw it into the campfire and half the troop ended up in the hospital.
That was totally wrong, if intentional! :mad:
I have to be careful here, because this property has not been maintained for decades and I have some mature Poison Oak that's grown into trees, some being over two inches in diameter and look exactly like small Valley Oak trees.

So I inspect everything closely before going into the burn pile!

Another plant to avoid which grows around California water ways is Stinging Nettle. Some times it's even encountered along irrigation canals here in the valley.

Another plant to avoid which grows around California water ways is Stinging Nettle. Some times it's even encountered along irrigation canals here in the valley.
Useful to archaeologists, they thrive in places like old cess pits and dumping grounds where artefacts can be found.

As a kid back in the good old days when we used to get good summers in the UK, I was in my bathers and fell into a patch of Stinging Nettles...........................................need I say more! :D
One weekend on motorcycle racing we did a sponsored ride around the circuit to raise money for the St John Ambulance who worked at the meetings. Three riders were taken to hospital, two with gravel rash and one who overshot a corner (bicycles dont have the brakes or grip of motorcycles) went over the tyres and Armco barrier into a pile of nettles wearing just shorts, he had so many stings he went into shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back